Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got an update from Eonon, however nothing changed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LGge1s3cf8

still stuttering, also they now said I should do a complete factory reset, so had setup everything again...
Also I should select as model the "Model choose--->Select VW(5.3.19,CONFIG,NODVD,1Din FZ,Rohm37xxx,TEF668X)"

Which I did not do, no idea which one I have to choose now...

Hoped Eonon would fix this base problems, this should come out of a normal test :(
Hi Inferno, we apologize for the typo, yes you should select Mazda instead, we will be more careful in the future, thanks!

If the problem still exists, please uninstall the DAB+ APP, and download this APP again from here: http://i.sbo2.com/apk/DABFunction_APK.apk Then the stuttering should disappear. Please have a try, thanks!

In he video "AV Off" is shown while using the DAB+ app, think it's a strange message...
About this message, we need to check with the factory, will update you once there's any news, thanks!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi guys, we will have a new mysterious product soon, it's great fun to get involved and participate in our new product design! Which style is your favorite in this picture? Just vote by replying your choice below! Thanks a lot guys! :grin2:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Hi guys, want to know how Eonon GA7163 Android 6.0 unit performs and sounds?
Just check our fan Michael Sherwood's picture and review, he is so amazed at Eonon GA7163:"So much better than the GA5163F. No joke it sounds like I have brand-new speakers. A lot faster only been playing with it for one hour or so haven't had any drawbacks yet"
EONON GA7163 brings him such an exciting experience. Ready to fit one for your Mazda 3? :bigok: Just order here:
Eonon GA7163 | Mazda Android 6.0 Car DVD | Mazda 3 Navigation | Android 6.0 Car GPS for Mazda

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys, want to know how Eonon GA7163 Android 6.0 unit performs and sounds?
Just check our fan Michael Sherwood's picture and review, he is so amazed at Eonon GA7163:"So much better than the GA5163F. No joke it sounds like I have brand-new speakers. A lot faster only been playing with it for one hour or so haven't had any drawbacks yet"
EONON GA7163 brings him such an exciting experience. Ready to fit one for your Mazda 3? :bigok: Just order here:
http://www.eonon.com/Andro…/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/GA7163.html

I laughed when I read this after seeing Eonon's repeated attempts and failures at addressing Inferno's issues. Then I actually clicked the link, and it did not work. And I laughed again.

It's just funny that Eonon would have the [email protected] to post this ridiculous attempt at a promo after all the issues posted on this and other threads.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I laughed when I read this after seeing Eonon's repeated attempts and failures at addressing Inferno's issues. Then I actually clicked the link, and it did not work. And I laughed again.

It's just funny that Eonon would have the [email protected] to post this ridiculous attempt at a promo after all the issues posted on this and other threads.
Hi, luck11, we apologize for the typo of last link, I've just corrected it to this right one:
Eonon GA7163 | Mazda Android 6.0 Car DVD | Mazda 3 Navigation | Android 6.0 Car GPS for Mazda

As for Inferno's issues, we have helped him provide him with a proper solution finally via Email. Please rest assured that we always do our best to help each of our customers. We have 60-day money back guarantee and 1 year warranty. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
They offered me to send my unit back to Eonon and send a new unit. Not sure if this would solve the problem...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Eonon Grand Release - GA2163 Android 6.0 2 Din Car GPS with Giant 10.1" Screen

Hey, guys! Do you or your friend also own a car with the 2 din dash?

Looking forward to getting a large-screen stereo in your car to enjoy an unprecedented viewing experience? Just image you can get it for free or with special discount. :koolaidman:

Now EONON proudly introduces you a new GA2163 Android 6.0 double Din unit with 10.1” Giant screen, 2GB RAM and Adjustable Viewing Angle. Wider, faster and more flexible! :goodjob:

Welcome to check here: http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS...on/GA2163.html

ANY FB FANS HERE? :cwazy:A big special welfare is coming for fans now, please see as below:

- 1st Release Official Price: USD 299.00
- Limited Quantity: 40 pcs
- FB Trial Price with discount: USD ???

What would be the final FB trial price? For the 1st fan who guessed the exact USD price and share this post at the same time on FB, he will get a FREE GA2163 head unit as a lucky prize! Fantastic right? :bunnyd:

We will reveal the answer in a week and provide you with this special FB offer!

Who will be the lucky fellow finally? GUESS & SHARE on our FB NOW:

https://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official/photos/a.129406588701.105874.114324128701/10154926307488702/

·
Registered
20 Posts
I decided to give this unit a try and installed it this past weekend. The sound from it is pretty good IMO compared to the stock unit I pulled out. It tethers without problem to my Samsung Galaxy S6 on AT&T.

I do have a question to Eonon, since they seem to monitor this thread. Generally when I'm driving, I use navigation (Waze) while streaming audio (SiriusXM, Pandora, etc.). Both navigation and audio apps are installed on the unit. When running Waze with audio in the background, the audio app will shut down unexpectedly, sometimes quickly, sometimes not so quick. If I run the audio app with Waze in the background, the audio stays on without any problem. My only workaround for this problem is to stream the audio from my phone with bluetooth and run Waze on the unit. This is not ideal for changing stations or apps. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I decided to give this unit a try and installed it this past weekend. The sound from it is pretty good IMO compared to the stock unit I pulled out. It tethers without problem to my Samsung Galaxy S6 on AT&T.

I do have a question to Eonon, since they seem to monitor this thread. Generally when I'm driving, I use navigation (Waze) while streaming audio (SiriusXM, Pandora, etc.). Both navigation and audio apps are installed on the unit. When running Waze with audio in the background, the audio app will shut down unexpectedly, sometimes quickly, sometimes not so quick. If I run the audio app with Waze in the background, the audio stays on without any problem. My only workaround for this problem is to stream the audio from my phone with bluetooth and run Waze on the unit. This is not ideal for changing stations or apps. Any ideas?
Hi lekmedm, no worry we will PM you the software upgrade to help resolve it.:smile2: Please kindly PM us your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, we will help you check, thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi lekmedm, no worry we will PM you the software upgrade to help resolve it.:smile2: Please kindly PM us your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, we will help you check, thanks!
Thank you. Is there a way to find the serial number without pulling the HU from the vehicle?

I will PM my email to you separately.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thank you. Is there a way to find the serial number without pulling the HU from the vehicle?

I will PM my email to you separately.
Hi lekmedm, thank you for your kind reply. We have received your PM. You can find the serial number on the back of the unit or on the color box of the product. Just check a picture for Serial No. here: http://sbo2.net/cs_serial/SerialNo.jpg Thanks! :smile2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, here's what I've found so far... It doesn't matter if I'm trying to run other apps. When I have a music app running and return to the home screen, the music app shuts down. I would think I could run multiple apps on this radio the same way I do on my phone.

Also, the sensitivity of the microphone for bluetooth phone calls is low. It doesn't matter if it's the built-in or external microphone. When I fiddle with the little speaker icon during a call, the sensitivity sometimes increases, so the other person will hear me better.

How can I adjust separate volumes and such on this unit? The settings menu is limited. Also, what is the code to access developers options?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, I think I found the answer to one of my questions concerning music apps shutting down. It turns out that under settings > memory there is some other clean up list with tick boxes. When I unticked the music apps and Waze, they all seem to work fine together. I'm guessing this is in place to keep too many apps from running in the background and hogging resources. I found this solution on a YouTube video for some fellow from the UK who was running the gen 1 Mazda 3 version of this radio.

I'm still looking for an answer to my microphone question. A big reason for me for installing any aftermarket radio was to have the convenience of bluetooth calling.

Also, there doesn't seem to be much as far as customization options... How can I add widgets and customize my screen?

·
Registered
92 Posts
So, I think I found the answer to one of my questions concerning music apps shutting down. It turns out that under settings > memory there is some other clean up list with tick boxes. When I unticked the music apps and Waze, they all seem to work fine together. I'm guessing this is in place to keep too many apps from running in the background and hogging resources. I found this solution on a YouTube video for some fellow from the UK who was running the gen 1 Mazda 3 version of this radio.

I'm still looking for an answer to my microphone question. A big reason for me for installing any aftermarket radio was to have the convenience of bluetooth calling.

Also, there doesn't seem to be much as far as customization options... How can I add widgets and customize my screen?

Download a different launcher from the play store. You'll be able to add as many widgets as you want. Although will bog down your system greatly, because 1gb of ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey, guys! Do you or your friend also own a car with the 2 din dash?

Looking forward to getting a large-screen stereo in your car to enjoy an unprecedented viewing experience? Just image you can get it for free or with special discount. :koolaidman:

Now EONON proudly introduces you a new GA2163 Android 6.0 double Din unit with 10.1” Giant screen, 2GB RAM and Adjustable Viewing Angle. Wider, faster and more flexible! :goodjob:

Welcome to check here: http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS...on/GA2163.html

ANY FB FANS HERE? :cwazy:A big special welfare is coming for fans now, please see as below:

- 1st Release Official Price: USD 299.00
- Limited Quantity: 40 pcs
- FB Trial Price with discount: USD ???

What would be the final FB trial price? For the 1st fan who guessed the exact USD price and share this post at the same time on FB, he will get a FREE GA2163 head unit as a lucky prize! Fantastic right? :bunnyd:

We will reveal the answer in a week and provide you with this special FB offer!

Who will be the lucky fellow finally? GUESS & SHARE on our FB NOW:

https://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official/photos/a.129406588701.105874.114324128701/10154926307488702/

Has anyone tried out this radio? Not sure if I like the idea of it sticking out.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Hi lekmedm, we have PM you the software upgrade to help resolve the microphone problem. Please note that the home page of the head unit and the icons don't support to be changed. Hope you understand, thanks!:smile2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, the update went through without any issue, but it didn't help. It added problems.

The first picture is the system before the update, and the second is after. The external microphone sensitivity is still weak. Now a new problem... The steering wheel controls do not work. Also, the dash screen only shows "Navi System" when it previously showed volume and radio station frequency (last photo). Help me, Eonon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 47 Posts