Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting an Eonon new cutting-edge GA7163 Android 6.0 car stereo for Mazda 3 2010-2013? Glad to tell you it was released lately! The new upgraded Android 6.0 system will provide you even more extraordinary experience!

Eonon GA7163 Mazda navigation has these awesome features which will definitely take your breath away:
Perfect fit for your Mazda 3 2010 - 2013
- New Android 6.0 OS and 12GB storage for apps provides instant response, more possibilities and entertainment
- 1024x600 HD screen delivers more crystal clear picture quality
- Support video output from all modes, more entertainment
- Compatible with your Analog Bose System to offer you a perfect integration & better sound quality
- Support Subwoofer output volume adjustable, you can adjust the volume according to your personal preferences
- Support Bluetooth Music Info Display

Are you ready to rock your Mazda 3 with this new Eonon GA7163? Just check here: Eonon GA7163 | Mazda Android 6.0 Car DVD | Mazda 3 Navigation | Android 6.0 Car GPS for Mazda

Now free camera/dashcam or coupon is provided for April Sale, welcome to order one! If you have any questions, just feel free to ask, cheers! :wink:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anyone have this yet? Seeing if there's a real review from a user here. Pretty disappointed that the only "major" upgrade on this model was a .2 ghz faster CPU, when every other company is already on octocore CPU and 2gb of ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone have this yet? Seeing if there's a real review from a user here. Pretty disappointed that the only "major" upgrade on this model was a .2 ghz faster CPU, when every other company is already on octocore CPU and 2gb of ram.

ordered one last Thursday from the UK site, hope it will arrive this week in the Netherlands.
Went for it after some good videos on youtube, people comparing the new and old one (not specific mazda ones). For me will be big improved over my ca-fi device.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hi davidgotmilk, many guys have bought the hot GA7163 Android 6.0 unit from us. As Inferno mentioned below, there's a video comparing Eonon Android 5.1 and 6.0 unit which you can watch it, it's the same for GA7163. We are working on 2GB units for Mazda currently, but not sure when it will be released. You can stay tuned, thanks!

ordered one last Thursday from the UK site, hope it will arrive this week in the Netherlands.
Went for it after some good videos on youtube, people comparing the new and old one (not specific mazda ones). For me will be big improved over my ca-fi device.
Hi Inferno, thanks a lot for your purchase! Yes there's a video comparing the Android 5.1 unit with 6.0 unit for BMW E90, it's the same case for Mazda units too:

Welcome more guys to check this useful video!

And Inferno, welcome to share your nice installation pics and reviews once you have got our unit, thanks a lot! :grin2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed my Eonon device today.

Did install backup camera according this video:

See my video here:

Some glitches, like you can see in the video, radio works, but cannot change anything. So after a reset everything works as normal... hope they can fix that

See pics here, the view isn't optimal but it works

Speed is a big improvement over my Ca-Fi Dashlinq4 device (but that was expected)

Also installed the DAB+ device, first results look good

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
i cant make out if the color temperature of the screen is any better from that video since it's only 240p quality but can you take a picture of google maps (not of your location obviously) so we can compare this lcd to the last one? seeing as it only has 1GB ram i'll probably still skip it but I need to do something since i've given up all hope on the 6163. not for eonon's lack of trying, they've kept in contact to try and work out the problems but spotify + google maps is too taxing on 1GB (~800MB for video card?) ram, period

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah that video just prove to me that the device is still a bit laggy. It's almost impossible to run a smooth ui and multiple apps (maps, and Spotify) on 1gb of ram. Most android phones can't even do that with 1gb of ram.

This unit is a no for me. Will just try and shop for a 2gb version on aliexpress

·
Registered
18 Posts
Disappointing

Wow, very disappointing. After all this time, after all the comments on the other thread for the 6163, and still a lousy 1 GB of RAM and a lousy CPU? Seems like a waste in design effort when it is CLEAR that 1 GB of ram is simply not enough for this unit to run smoothly. Damn, raise the price by $50 or even $100 and and use 2 or even 3 GB ram and a better cPU and your units will sell like hotcakes!!! Until then, based on all the problems others have had, not willing to buy this supposed "ungraded" unit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree 1000%. It's probably a game of margins where they can still make a profit off each unit but why can't one of these manufacturers actually make a high end unit that may cost a premium but has the specs and screen quality to justify the higher price? I would immediately buy it if the experience was the same as a budget phone or tablet

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi guys, thanks for your feedback and concern. We are actually working hard on 2GB RAM Mazda head units, but not sure when it will be released. We will inform you guys once there's any more news. :wink2:

Btw, GA7163 and GA6163F is not only different on Android system, but also different on internal framework, design, and hardware. The CPU of GA6163F is RK3188 1.6GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core, and CPU of GA7163 is Allwinner R16 1.8GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core. You can see the frequency of GA7163 CPU is higher.
And GA7163F has 12GB storage for apps, and GA6163F only has 2GB for apps. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Btw, GA7163 and GA6163F is not only different on Android system, but also different on internal framework, design, and hardware. The CPU of GA6163F is RK3188 1.6GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core, and CPU of GA7163 is Allwinner R16 1.8GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core. You can see the frequency of GA7163 CPU is higher.
And GA7163F has 12GB storage for apps, and GA6163F only has 2GB for apps. Thanks!
These changes make no difference if the unit still does not operate as smoothly as it should.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got an update from Eonon for the not responding to commands.
Radio screen got a make over, not sure if I find it an improvement. Have to see if the problem is still there, well report later.

Today was driving to work and noted that DAB+ radio starts stuttering as soon as I switch away from the DAB+ app

- Also I'm not sure if I should remove the screen protector. Is that one different than the one delivered with the device?
- Another point, why the device reports "AV Off" to the Mazda display when using any other app then radio? Just mention APP name or something
- Instead of the Frequency in the Mazda display, why not mention the RDS name as in the Radio App?

Seen in this vid:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Inferno, no worry we will continue helping you out.
For the DAB+ issue, we have sent you another software by PM, you can have a try then.

And here are the answers to your other questions:
- You can remove the screen protector if you like, depending on our own need.
- We are not quite clear about this issue, it's better for you to take a shot to show us, you can reply to my message with this picture.
- The LCD screen can only display radio frequency, only in radio mode of our head unit, the RDS can be displayed. Hope you understand, thanks!

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got an update from Eonon, however nothing changed...

still stuttering, also they now said I should do a complete factory reset, so had setup everything again...
Also I should select as model the "Model choose--->Select VW(5.3.19,CONFIG,NODVD,1Din FZ,Rohm37xxx,TEF668X)"

Which I did not do, no idea which one I have to choose now...

Hoped Eonon would fix this base problems, this should come out of a normal test :(

1 - 20 of 47 Posts