Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hello Melvin,

I would like to be included in option 2 of this group buy, the one with the camera, looks like a great deal.

Seems like we're 10 in the whole now..., can't wait to get this baby installed!!

Thank you.
Hi Schmohawk, yes you’re the No. 10! :smile: Congrats and our group buy is activated already now! Just check the GB thread with more details here: http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=655298

You can order the unit and camera from the special group buy links here:
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/Mazda/GA5151T.html
http://www.eonon.com/Others/Camera/A0119T.html

Welcome to order and get your baby soon! Pls tell me your Order No. Once you have done, so that I can provide you better after sale service! Thanks! :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Okay Melvin, a few more questions (and thanks for the quick responses on the other ones). I'm using an iphone 5.

You said you can't stream audio via BT (only the mirror function) from pandora, beats, etc. Can you stream audio from the native iphone audio app, or is the BT only for phone calls?

For the mirroring function does it work similar to apple airplay? That gives you the option to mirror only audio, or the screen as well, and then you can turn the screen off.

Does the iphone (cable) interface work only with the native music app, or will it work with Pandora, Beats, etc? I've used other HU's where the interface on the HU screen was identical regardless of which source the music was coming from on the phone.

Does the iphone (cable) interface lock out the phone's function, or leave it operational?

Have we confirmed the unit can share an internet connection via an iphone, or is that a yes and just depends if the carrier limits that function?

You said the unit does not come with a GPS SD card, but you can use online map, or the map app. Does the native navigation program (it's iGO right?) live on the HU itself and not the GPS SD card? If so then why the GPS SD card slot?
Hi icsports, it's my pleasure to help you guys here. :smile:
Here are the answers to your questions, all in blue:

- You said you can't stream audio via BT (only the mirror function) from pandora, beats, etc. Can you stream audio from the native iphone audio app, or is the BT only for phone calls?

Yes you can stream music from iphone smoothly via native iphone audio app inside.

- For the mirroring function does it work similar to apple airplay? That gives you the option to mirror only audio, or the screen as well, and then you can turn the screen off.

Yes you’re smart, quite similar as airplay!

- Does the iphone (cable) interface work only with the native music app, or will it work with Pandora, Beats, etc? I've used other HU's where the interface on the HU screen was identical regardless of which source the music was coming from on the phone.

The iphone (cable) interface work only with the native music app for you to play the music on the phone itself.
If you want to listen to music from any source, you can use the screen mirroring feature.

- Does the iphone (cable) interface lock out the phone's function, or leave it operational?

I need to confirm with our tech about this and will tell you later.

- Have we confirmed the unit can share an internet connection via an iphone, or is that a yes and just depends if the carrier limits that function?

Are you still referring to the screen mirroring feature? If so, there’s no carrier limitation. Any content can be synced from your iphone to our unit.

- You said the unit does not come with a GPS SD card, but you can use online map, or the map app. Does the native navigation program (it's iGO right?) live on the HU itself and not the GPS SD card? If so then why the GPS SD card slot?

Yes you can also put the map program on the unit itself but not the SD card to use the GPS. But it’s not recommended to do that since it may lead to speed lag. The memory of the unit is limited(4G capacity). You’d better still put native navigation program such as iGo to the GPS SD card. Hope you can understand, thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
darn... it says the group buy is over? I thought group buys were usually for 10+ but the more the merrier. Is it just exactly 10? did I miss out on thanksgiving?

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
darn... it says the group buy is over? I thought group buys were usually for 10+ but the more the merrier. Is it just exactly 10? did I miss out on thanksgiving?
I thought so too, but then I noticed that the above link is for the GM5151 model, the GA5151 group buy is still active, I'm pretty sure, cause I just ordered one :)

Price was €310 with free shipping to Holland, now let's see how big of a taste customs is gonna want...

If you guys are interested, I can keep you updated as to further developments.

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but I just want to be super clear. With an iPhone this HU will only integrate any form of control or display (either by Bluetooth streaming or by cable connection) with the native music app. The only way to listen to music from a third party app (beats, pandora, iheart radio, etc) is to use the mirroring function. When using the mirroring function you still need to control everything from the phone this making the fancy new HU nothing more than a remote display.

Would you say that's accurate? If the only integration possible with this is through the native app and it offers no control or display information for other apps then id much rather spend half as much on a Grom Bluetooth module which pairs easily and doesn't care what app the music is coming from. It will play from pandora, beats, YouTube, etc. and still let me skip tracks from my steering wheel or stereo buttons.

Any chance you could provide a video of the Bluetooth interface, and double confirm that it only works with the native app? I want to want this stereo, but if the interface is that limited then I'm out.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey mate, the link that Eonon provided in this thread was the wrong one. There's a seperate thread in the group buy forum regarding it.

Here is the correct link: http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players/Android-Car-DVD/Mazda/GA5151T.html
Hi dishlex, thanks a lot for correcting. I’ve revised the previous post with right link. Cheers!

I thought so too, but then I noticed that the above link is for the GM5151 model, the GA5151 group buy is still active, I'm pretty sure, cause I just ordered one

Price was €310 with free shipping to Holland, now let's see how big of a taste customs is gonna want...

If you guys are interested, I can keep you updated as to further developments.
Hi Schmohawk, thanks for your order! I believe you will like this unit very much! :wink: Could you pls share with other guys your nice installation pictures or video, and review, others would like to know, thanks a lot! :smile:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
does GA5151 support the acces to the Board Computer Functions through the mode Button on the steering wheel control as shown in this video?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ol3ndhaf5azi710/Can Bus Settings Menu.mp4
Hi Killarusse85, our tech has confirm that you can access to the board computer functions setting by holding the Mode button for seconds.

Does the iphone (cable) interface lock out the phone's function, or leave it operational?
icspots, the iphone interface won't lock out. You can still use other function of the unit at ease. Cheers!

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just want to be super clear. With an iPhone this HU will only integrate any form of control or display (either by Bluetooth streaming or by cable connection) with the native music app. The only way to listen to music from a third party app (beats, pandora, iheart radio, etc) is to use the mirroring function. When using the mirroring function you still need to control everything from the phone this making the fancy new HU nothing more than a remote display.

Would you say that's accurate? If the only integration possible with this is through the native app and it offers no control or display information for other apps then id much rather spend half as much on a Grom Bluetooth module which pairs easily and doesn't care what app the music is coming from. It will play from pandora, beats, YouTube, etc. and still let me skip tracks from my steering wheel or stereo buttons.

Any chance you could provide a video of the Bluetooth interface, and double confirm that it only works with the native app? I want to want this stereo, but if the interface is that limited then I'm out.
Hi icspots, again I will check with our tech and finally confirm you. Please kindly wait for a while patiently, thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys,

it is a really interesting question about an iPhone. My wife's RAV4 head unit recognizes iPhone 5s (with lightning) connected via STANDARD apple USB-Lightning cable and plays music from Spotify and show CD art on the monitor! And this connection has place without any dedicated cable to head unit but just an ordinary USB port of the head unit.

And a small question to the manufacturer, is any updates/upgrades to the firmware are planned? And may be a special "launcher", not the just standard Android screen with icons and widgets...

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Hi guys,

it is a really interesting question about an iPhone. My wife's RAV4 head unit recognizes iPhone 5s (with lightning) connected via STANDARD apple USB-Lightning cable and plays music from Spotify and show CD art on the monitor! And this connection has place without any dedicated cable to head unit but just an ordinary USB port of the head unit.

And a small question to the manufacturer, is any updates/upgrades to the firmware are planned? And may be a special "launcher", not the just standard Android screen with icons and widgets...
That's what I'm talking about. One of my cars has a 6" touchscreen OE. With an iphone connected and selecting "iphone" from the list it will display a screen with all of the music information and give you control to skip, etc. It will do that regardless of what app is being used to supply the music, and will go with the last music related app which was opened (so if the last thing you watched was a youtube video that's what's going to come up).

On the "regular USB port" point, Most OE cars have a USB port on the dash somewhere. That port still needs to be attached to the stereo, so it likely still has a non-standard USB connection to the wiring on the back of the stereo somewhere.

Melvin, any chance the manufacturer would want to supply a cable which goes from the proprietary connection to the back of the stereo to a panel mount USB connection? Then people could mount the connector and just use the cable they already have for their devices?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The BOSE amp wants to see a low-level RCA input signal. To get *any* aftermarket head unit to work correctly with it, you need to use the RCA outputs of the head unit, and NOT the speaker outputs. That requires a very minor hack to the wiring harness. You just add some male RCA cords to the so-called "speaker wires" coming from the car. I put so-called, because even though they physically look like speaker wires, they really aren't.

Again, this is for ANY aftermarket head unit, not just the Eonon.
Thanks very much for the reply.
Am I correct is assuming this is the 18-pin port/loom.

If so, then there are 4 sets of speaker connections ? I'd guess its the front speakers I need to connect ?

So I could cut the Mazda side of the wiring and convert them to male RCA cables ? Or I could cut the Eonon wiring and connect the speakers to the 18pin port/loom.

Which is the easiest to do ? I'm cautious about cutting the Mazda side. I'd have to do it in the car - rather then the comfort of my room.

If its this easy - I'd guess Eonon could do it very easily. Anyone from Eonon suggest if a bose-compatible one will be available soon ?

Out of interest how does the D5151 wiring work as thats compatable with both ?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Hi icspots, waht you mentioned about the iphone integration is accurate.

I've asked our tech to take a picture and video of the bluetooth interface, will send to you later via Email, thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

Hi SantaFox, your wife has an Eonon Toyota unit or other brand?

That's what I'm talking about. One of my cars has a 6" touchscreen OE. With an iphone connected and selecting "iphone" from the list it will display a screen with all of the music information and give you control to skip, etc. It will do that regardless of what app is being used to supply the music, and will go with the last music related app which was opened (so if the last thing you watched was a youtube video that's what's going to come up).

On the "regular USB port" point, Most OE cars have a USB port on the dash somewhere. That port still needs to be attached to the stereo, so it likely still has a non-standard USB connection to the wiring on the back of the stereo somewhere.

Melvin, any chance the manufacturer would want to supply a cable which goes from the proprietary connection to the back of the stereo to a panel mount USB connection? Then people could mount the connector and just use the cable they already have for their devices?
Hi icspots, thanks for your advice. Do you mean you want a USB cable functioning as SantaFox mentioned for his wife's RAV4? Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi SantaFox, your wife has an Eonon Toyota unit or other brand?
No, it is just an original Toyota unit. So from my poin of view it should have less functionality than Eonon's Android-based supercomputer :)

And I just want to clarify, is it ever would be possible to order it from UK? In Europe it would be approx. 20% import tax and VAT so the final price rises to 400 EUR :(

·
Registered
5 Posts

If so, then there are 4 sets of speaker connections ? I'd guess its the front speakers I need to connect ?

So I could cut the Mazda side of the wiring and convert them to male RCA cables ? Or I could cut the Eonon wiring and connect the speakers to the 18pin port/loom.

Which is the easiest to do ? I'm cautious about cutting the Mazda side. I'd have to do it in the car - rather then the comfort of my room.

If its this easy - I'd guess Eonon could do it very easily. Anyone from Eonon suggest if a bose-compatible one will be available soon ?

Thanks again.
Would this remove the need for any cutting of wires ?

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install-adaptors/mazda/connects-2-ct53-mz01-mazda-bose-active-iso-adaptor

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Hi icspots, thanks for your advice. Do you mean you want a USB cable functioning as SantaFox mentioned for his wife's RAV4? Thanks!
Well I think that type of functionality would be awesome. Like SantaFox my car in question is a Toyota and overall the functionality is great. In general people expect more from aftermarket as far as capability, so it's sad the android interface actually offers less.

What I was wondering about is offering a cable with the connection to the Eonon unit on one end, a female USB port on the other end, possibly as part of a panel mount so people could install it in their dashboard in a convenient location. Then you could plug whatever cable into it you want (micro USB, lightning, 30 pin dock, etc.).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Eonon I just installed the ga5151 and can't seem to figure out the screen mirroring to work I see the option on my phone but can find anything on the unit. When I hit the button on my phone it can'tfind anything for screen mirroring.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
No, it is just an original Toyota unit. So from my poin of view it should have less functionality than Eonon's Android-based supercomputer :)

And I just want to clarify, is it ever would be possible to order it from UK? In Europe it would be approx. 20% import tax and VAT so the final price rises to 400 EUR :(
Well I think that type of functionality would be awesome. Like SantaFox my car in question is a Toyota and overall the functionality is great. In general people expect more from aftermarket as far as capability, so it's sad the android interface actually offers less.

What I was wondering about is offering a cable with the connection to the Eonon unit on one end, a female USB port on the other end, possibly as part of a panel mount so people could install it in their dashboard in a convenient location. Then you could plug whatever cable into it you want (micro USB, lightning, 30 pin dock, etc.).
Hi SantaFox & icsports, hope you can understand, sometimes less is more, we put more effort on other more advanced cutting edge features which the original unit can't reach at all. Hope you can understand.

SantaFox, glad to tell you GA5151 is newly arrived on our UK warehouse! :smile: You can order directly from our UK website here: http://www.eonon.co.uk/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5151.html

Or you can join the group buy from eonon.com, it's your choice to make, thanks!

And icspots, OK now I see your point, such cable is useful for your daily use actually. I'll reflect to our R&D with your advice, thanks a lot!

Thanks again.
Hi mwwsh, our D5151 and GM5151 can both compatible with bose directly. If you really care about the bose compatibility, you can also buy one of these. Thanks! :alaugh:

Eonon I just installed the ga5151 and can't seem to figure out the screen mirroring to work I see the option on my phone but can find anything on the unit. When I hit the button on my phone it can'tfind anything for screen mirroring.
Hi chipha14, no worry we will try our best to help you. What is your phone model? We have video instruction for both iOS and Android connnection for screen mirroring. I can send to you later, thanks!

41 - 60 of 1132 Posts