Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi

I would like to join the group buy could you throw in one of those rear view cams for me(the free ones from 20$ delivery- although i would rather ship it with the GA5151 and adding the 20$ onto my order to make shipping simpler)
Also interested in cost with the Group Buy. Would you include a backup camera, or bundle a backup camera as an option for the GB?
Hi T-Man, to tell you the truth, the free camera promotion will end tomorrow, if you want it, you can order it now by just paying the 20USD shipping fee, the A0119 camera will be shipped via registermail additionally: http://www.eonon.com/Others/Camera/A0119T.html

And icspots, thanks for your interest and advice too. I’ve applied for a good deal for you guys here to celebrate the upcoming Chrismas! :smile:
For the guys who want to get the A0119 camera together with the unit, they only need to pay 25USD more. Then we can ship the GA5151 and A0119 together to them by Express! Very fast and convenient! Really great bargain! :wink:

So all in all, there’re 2 options for the group buy members:

1. GA5151 Only
Group Buy Price: 359USD
Regular Price: 532USD
Save:30%!

2. GA5151 + A0119 Camera
Group Buy Price: 384USD
Regular Price: 597USD
Save:36%!
(P.S. A0119 can only be bundled with GA5151 to get this GB price)

In addtion, in order to appreciate you guys great support to Eonon all the time, no matter you bought which option, you’ll get special 3 pieces of LCD screen wipe sticker as Xmas gift together with the package. You can use the stickers to wipe your head unit, smart phone or even TV! Hope you guys will like this our special Xmas Group Buy offer! Cheers! :cheesy:
Welcome more to join!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I realize this is an android OS, and as such is most likely designed for integrating with android phones/tablets. It also says it's "ipod ready". What kind of integration does it provide for iphones/ipods? Do any of the fancy features advertised work with iOS devices (such as the wifi share, etc.). Even if those don't work I'm curious what function and integration you can get with an iDevice.

For instance I do a lot of audio streaming from the beats app on my iphone. Would I be able to to do that via the "ipod ready" function? Would I need to stream it via bluetooth to the HU? Orwould I be able to link my phone to the HU for data access, and use the android beats app on the HU? Similar question for any other audio streaming app. Likewise for phone book integration, siri access, etc.
Hi icspots, the ipod/iphone ready function fistly means you can connect your ipod/iphone to our unit via ipod cable, then you can listen to the music from them. And the iphone can also be charged at the same time.

Secondly, you can also use the screen mirroring feature with iphone, sync any contents to the unit easily!

Thirdly, the bluetooth wireless calling and blutooth audio streaming still work smoothly with your iphone, although the music can’t stream via the iOS APP directly. Our GA5151 even supports Bluetooth Contact Search Function, which the D5151 and GM5151 can’t make it.

So you can see our Android unit still have great compatibility with your Apple devices. Hope it helps! :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am kind of bummed out that this came out so soon after the GM5151, if you would've announced this earlier I would have waited a bit. ;) Seems like a nice upgrade though, looking forward to some user reviews!

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Hi icspots, the ipod/iphone ready function fistly means you can connect your ipod/iphone to our unit via ipod cable, then you can listen to the music from them. And the iphone can also be charged at the same time.
Do you have any pics of the iphone interface?

Secondly, you can also use the screen mirroring feature with iphone, sync any contents to the unit easily!
Oh wow, really? I knew iphones would mirror to apple TVs and the like, but didn't know they would to other devices. Can you mirror over the screen and control from the screen (such as in a streaming app) or would you still be controlling from the phone? That function would be a fantastic option if it works!

Thirdly, the bluetooth wireless calling and bluetooth audio streaming still work smoothly with your iphone, although the music can’t stream via the iOS APP directly. Our GA5151 even supports Bluetooth Contact Search Function, which the D5151 and GM5151 can’t make it.
What do you mean by "can't stream via the iOS APP directly"? So if I open beats or pandora and connect to the BT it won't stream?

Good to know about phonebook access. Does it also pull up recent calls, etc.?

So you can see our Android unit still have great compatibility with your Apple devices. Hope it helps! :wink:
Overall that sounds awesome Melvin, thanks.

Any chance you need a beta tester to provide some input on the interface? :wink: :chuckles:

·
Registered
11 Posts
ok eonon 1 more question this hu has the 7 LED color button option as the GM5151? for the gb yes I'm in but how this works ? first time doing it?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
when you will open the GB?
Is there any differences between the cameras your are selling?
Hi viz124, we will open the GB soon within this week, we’re getting near to 10 guys now! Please kindly wait for a while! Thanks! :alaugh:

Our cameras may have different video system, pixels, installation method, ect. For the US you should use the NTSC system, and you can see the selling point for each camera here: http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-others/Camera.html The A0119 is a good one, which is also included in the group buy. You can order GA5150+A0119 together then. Cheers!

I am kind of bummed out that this came out so soon after the GM5151, if you would've announced this earlier I would have waited a bit. ;) Seems like a nice upgrade though, looking forward to some user reviews!
Hi mwolfs, since we keep listening to customers and always try our best to fulfill your demand!

Just take a look at what others say about our firstly released G2110 2 din Android Car DVD player, GA5151 has the same product program and similar functions as G2110.

" I replaced the stock 11 year old stereo in my 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe. Not only does the G2110 fit perfectly, but it performs as well as it looks. I used the Metra 95-7309 mounting kit. The android interface is intuitive to use. I have found that it does take 10 to 15 seconds to boot when the car is started, but this is much faster than other units costing much more. The display is clear and the touch screen is precise. Today the temperature in Cleveland, Ohio, USA was 5°F (-15°C). I was expecting display hesitation, and there was none. The Bluetooth phone is the best I have used without a remote microphone, clear voice on both ends of the call. I have used Wi-Fi tethering, screen mirroring, Bluetooth audio, AM and FM radio and audio CD. Radio signals are clear and able to pull signals as well as the stock stereo. Bluetooth A2DP streaming and controls work well with my LG Nexus 5. I have loaded Waze for online (Wi-Fi tether to my phone) and iGO on a 4GB micro SD card for offline GPS. Both work well and are spot on with. I did put in a DVD and playback was very good on the 6.2 inch display. I would highly recommend this to anyone with 2 DIN dash opening. I would love to see this in a 1 DIN size with a flip up screen for my Fiat 500 summer vehicle. "

You can see his installation pics here: http://www.eonon.com/photoShow/pic3145mnoG2110.html

You can James Bird recommend you to get our Android unit.
Great value for the money!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do you have any pics of the iphone interface?

Oh wow, really? I knew iphones would mirror to apple TVs and the like, but didn't know they would to other devices. Can you mirror over the screen and control from the screen (such as in a streaming app) or would you still be controlling from the phone? That function would be a fantastic option if it works!

What do you mean by "can't stream via the iOS APP directly"? So if I open beats or pandora and connect to the BT it won't stream?

Any chance you need a beta tester to provide some input on the interface? :wink: :chuckles:
Lastly looking at the specs on the website it says it's only compatible with the iphone 4/4s. Care to elaborate?
Hi icspots, glad to hear you like our new GA5151! Here are the answers to your questions, all in blue:

-I knew iphones would mirror to apple TVs and the like, but didn't know they would to other devices. Can you mirror over the screen and control from the screen (such as in a streaming app) or would you still be controlling from the phone? That function would be a fantastic option if it works!

Actually from GM5151, our unit has this fantastic screen mirroring feature, not even say the GA5151. You should have known it earlier. :smile:

For this feature, you can only control from the phone, can’t control from the head unit screen.Btw, which is your iphone model? I need to confirm with our tech if screen mirroring can use if you have the new iphone 6.

- What do you mean by "can't stream via the iOS APP directly"? So if I open beats or pandora and connect to the BT it won't stream?

Yes you can’t stream pandora or beats via bluetooth, but you can stream via screen mirroring feature.

- Do you have any pics of the iphone interface?

Which function would you like to know? The iphone music playback or bluetooth, or screen mirroring?

- Good to know about phonebook access. Does it also pull up recent calls, etc.?
- Lastly looking at the specs on the website it says it's only compatible with the iphone 4/4s. Care to elaborate?

I’ll check with our tech about these 2 questions and tell you then. Thanks!

- Any chance you need a beta tester to provide some input on the interface?

Our unit is already strictly tested by our tech. If you want to be our 1st reviewer and also take video and pics, I’ll try to apply for our manager and PM you later, thanks!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ok eonon 1 more question this hu has the 7 LED color button option as the GM5151? for the gb yes I'm in but how this works ? first time doing it?
Hi rolito07, I've confirmed with our tech the GA5151 has only one LED color, but still a very good unit with many cool features to get! :winker:

Thanks for joining the group buy! Once enough 10 guys collected, the GB will be activated soon, and you can just order from a special GB link to enjoy the great discount! I’ll start a group buy thread in GB section and tell you guys all the details. Just keep a close eye on us, thanks a lot!

Hi Eonon is that the best best deal we can get?? What about if we have a big Group

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi Canyo, yes it’s already the best GB deal we could offer no matter how many people joining in. It’s already an awesome bargain. Hope you can understand, thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm interested in this! Please add my name to the group buy list. I want to purchase this for my girlfriend for x-mas. Will this be available to ship in time to receive before xmas?

I have a couple of questions, I sincerely apologize if these have been answered.
I see this has bluetooth, navi and steering wheel controls. Does this unit come with EVERYTHING out of the box to get bluetooth (microphone, etc), navi (antenna, maps, etc), and steering wheel controls working perfectly?

Is there an additional ipod cable required to control ipod via headunit?

Would this unit require an additional wiring harness to replace stock head unit?

Would this unit require any additional faceplate or any additional hardware to replace stock headunit?

I see a few complaints on here with these units breaking.... Stuff breaks, no big deal. What is the warranty policy exactly? People are saying they have to pay $50 shipping to get a unit fixed even if it's in the 1 year warranty period.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm interested in this! Please add my name to the group buy list. I want to purchase this for my girlfriend for x-mas. Will this be available to ship in time to receive before xmas?

I have a couple of questions, I sincerely apologize if these have been answered.
I see this has bluetooth, navi and steering wheel controls. Does this unit come with EVERYTHING out of the box to get bluetooth (microphone, etc), navi (antenna, maps, etc), and steering wheel controls working perfectly?

Is there an additional ipod cable required to control ipod via headunit?

Would this unit require an additional wiring harness to replace stock head unit?
Would this unit require any additional faceplate or any additional hardware to replace stock headunit?

I see a few complaints on here with these units breaking.... Stuff breaks, no big deal. What is the warranty policy exactly? People are saying they have to pay $50 shipping to get a unit fixed even if it's in the 1 year warranty period.
Hi CashOverAss, thanks for joining in our GA5151 group buy! You’re the No. 9 guy, only one is needed to activate the GB! So you’ll definitely get the unit before Christmas since it only takes 3-5 days for shipping. Cheers!

Here are the answers to your questions, all in blue:
- I see this has bluetooth, navi and steering wheel controls. Does this unit come with EVERYTHING out of the box to get bluetooth (microphone, etc), navi (antenna, maps, etc), and steering wheel controls working perfectly?

The unit has external microphone input, but doesn’t come with external mic, you can buy it separately yourself. The unit has GPS antenna, but doesn’t include the map SD card since you can totally use online map or map APP in our unit.Usually the map SD card need you to pay additionally, but for GA5151, you will save on this! Cheers! But if you want, you can still get a GPS SD card yourself to put on our unit.

The steering wheel control will work perfectly.

- Is there an additional ipod cable required to control ipod via headunit?

Our unit comes with an iPod cable for normal ipod or iphone 4/4S. If you have iphone 5 or above, you have to connect a lighting to 30-pin adapter here: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

- Would this unit require an additional wiring harness to replace stock head unit?

No need, generally speaking it’s just a direct fit for your car. It just can not be compatible with the bose system if you have it.

- I see a few complaints on here with these units breaking.... Stuff breaks, no big deal. What is the warranty policy exactly? People are saying they have to pay $50 shipping to get a unit fixed even if it's in the 1 year warranty period.

Yes buying from our official website you can enjoy unique as long as 2 year warranty. You can see our policy here: http://www.eonon.com/2YEAR_WARRANTY.aspx More details here: http://www.eonon.com/helpList.aspx?bid=5#81 The return postage depends on the country, not the time you bought it. Hope you can understand it, and no worry we will try our best to provide considerate customer service, especially I’ll give you special care in this forum. Thanks!

Ok Eonon do the group get free shipping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi Canyo, OK thanks for your confirmation, you have been added to the GB list, cheers! :smile:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Lastly looking at the specs on the website it says it's only compatible with the iphone 4/4s. Care to elaborate?

Hi icspots, I've confirmed with our tech about these 2 questions:
The bluetooth function allows to show the recent calls via head unit itself, but can't show all the record on your phone.

The ipod music playback function is tested OK in 5S too if connecting a lighting to 30-pin adapter, we haven't tested on iphone 6 yet.

The screen mirroring feature is tested OK on iphone 4S, but not sure about 5S and 6 yet, but I'll ask our tech to find a way to test on them and update you guys in the near future, thanks a lot for your patience!

·
Registered
19 Posts
So all in all, there’re 2 options for the group buy members:

1. GA5151 Only
Group Buy Price: 359USD
Regular Price: 532USD
Save:30%!

2. GA5151 + A0119 Camera
Group Buy Price: 384USD
Regular Price: 597USD
Save:36%!
(P.S. A0119 can only be bundled with GA5151 to get this GB price)
Hello Melvin,

I would like to be included in option 2 of this group buy, the one with the camera, looks like a great deal.

Seems like we're 10 in the whole now..., can't wait to get this baby installed!!

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

Just spoken with eonon and they say the GA5151 isnt compatable with the bose system. Not sure why this is the case.

Anyone know why it wont work or what needs to happen to make it work ?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi

Just spoken with eonon and they say the GA5151 isnt compatable with the bose system. Not sure why this is the case.

Anyone know why it wont work or what needs to happen to make it work ?
The BOSE amp wants to see a low-level RCA input signal. To get *any* aftermarket head unit to work correctly with it, you need to use the RCA outputs of the head unit, and NOT the speaker outputs. That requires a very minor hack to the wiring harness. You just add some male RCA cords to the so-called "speaker wires" coming from the car. I put so-called, because even though they physically look like speaker wires, they really aren't.

Again, this is for ANY aftermarket head unit, not just the Eonon.

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Okay Melvin, a few more questions (and thanks for the quick responses on the other ones). I'm using an iphone 5.

You said you can't stream audio via BT (only the mirror function) from pandora, beats, etc. Can you stream audio from the native iphone audio app, or is the BT only for phone calls?

For the mirroring function does it work similar to apple airplay? That gives you the option to mirror only audio, or the screen as well, and then you can turn the screen off.

Does the iphone (cable) interface work only with the native music app, or will it work with Pandora, Beats, etc? I've used other HU's where the interface on the HU screen was identical regardless of which source the music was coming from on the phone.

Does the iphone (cable) interface lock out the phone's function, or leave it operational?

Have we confirmed the unit can share an internet connection via an iphone, or is that a yes and just depends if the carrier limits that function?

You said the unit does not come with a GPS SD card, but you can use online map, or the map app. Does the native navigation program (it's iGO right?) live on the HU itself and not the GPS SD card? If so then why the GPS SD card slot?

21 - 40 of 1132 Posts