Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New England Region SCCA will be holding its annual autocross school on the parking lots of NHIS on May 5th this year (May 6 will be a regular points event. This school is aimed at new drivers (although not necessarily first year drivers).

I'm running it this year. The price has not been set yet but I will let you know when we set it. We usually fill up with 40 drivers and run the school on 3 different courses to maximize driving time. The instructor pool is usually deep with current and former National Tour and Divisional winners and trophy winners as well as a few that wear the jacket of a National Champion.

Camping is allowed on Saturday night in the infield of NHIS.

Put it on your calenders.

PZ

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
hey PZ, can I come up saturday night and camp in the infield for the speedway slalom on sunday?
I gotta work saturday, but I plan to be up there sunday for the 2nd points event of the season. Would be nice to not have to drive all that way the day of the event at the butt crack of dawn.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
u guys are so behind.....alrite been to 2 autocross alrite....and going to autocross school 2/17/07 in fresno....and track day on 2/10/07....california speedway.....keke

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=68749.msg1191459#msg1191459 date=1170821967]
hey PZ, can I come up saturday night and camp in the infield for the speedway slalom on sunday?
I gotta work saturday, but I plan to be up there sunday for the 2nd points event of the season. Would be nice to not have to drive all that way the day of the event at the butt crack of dawn.
[/quote]

There is usually a window for getting in on Saturday in the afternoon. It depends on volunteers to man the window in the registration building. The NER mail list usually has some traffic on this in the weeks heading up to the event.

PZ

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=udontknowajck link=topic=68749.msg1191667#msg1191667 date=1170830881]
u guys are so behind.....alrite been to 2 autocross alrite....and going to autocross school 2/17/07 in fresno....and track day on 2/10/07....california speedway.....keke
[/quote]

its about 10 degrees outside, just aint happening in this part of the country. one of the downsides of having 4 seasons.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
i know....i dont think i cant stand the cold weather.....more power to you guys...=) :p

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NER/SCCA Solo II School

Who: This school is aimed at SCCA members, but we are setting aside a limited number of spots for non-members who have participated in an NER or NESCC Solo II within the past two years. The registration fee for non-members includes a temporary membership. The school is geared towards first and second year drivers but we will take almost anyone

What: Solo II novice/intermediate school

When: May 5, 2007, rain or shine

Where: NHIS, parking lot

Why: to improve your autocross skills and because it is fun.

How: Pre-registration only.

Mail Solo II entry form to:

Solo II School
Jesse Quagliaroli
92 Hopyard Road
Stafford Springs, CT 06076

Along with a check for $75 payable to “NER/SCCA” for members.

Non members fee is $105.00

Include your email address on the entry form if you would like confirmation you are enrolled.

The gate opens at 7:30am
The school will start promptly at 8:30am.
We should finish up around 5 or 6pm
Bring a lunch, drinks, chair, dress for the weather.

Class size is limited so send in your entry form and check now.
SCCA members may enroll from March 18, 2005 through April 23
$10 late fee after April 23th.

*If there is still space in the school on April 18th, class will be opened to non-members who have participated in an NER or NESCC Solo II within the past twelve months. Registration will be open for non-members from April 23th through April 29th.

No registrations accepted after April 29th.

Cancellations will be accepted with a full refund until the 29th.

If you have questions, email to [email protected]

Thanks,
Paul Zahornasky
2007 NER/SCCA Solo II school coordinator

BTW Register early, this school has always filled up.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I have one MS 3 registered!

Benefit of being an instructor: You get to drive a few neat cars (as well as a few that are not so neat)

Benefit of running the school: You get to pick which cars are in your student group. :D

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
one speed 3?! is he on this site? wtf, how dare he copy me :lol:

doubt I will be there for the class, I can only do so many kidney beans :p j/k
but im for sure there on sunday.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Re: New England Area - Intro Autox School at New Hampshire International Speedwa

How gar is this from central Vermont? I have been to a fdew NER events as a spectator, but this sounds interesting!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=superjudge link=topic=68749.msg1315794#msg1315794 date=1175836043]
How gar is this from central Vermont? I have been to a fdew NER events as a spectator, but this sounds interesting!
[/quote]

NHIS
1122 Route 106 N
Loudon, NH 03307

google to your hearts content

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mapquest says it is about 2 hours from Rutland. Definitely worth the trip for the amount of seat time you get.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Wow, I'd like to go in my father's car yo the event but the local NJ crew has a track day scheduled for that weekend....bummer. Sounds like a great time too! :?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update, with three weeks to go the spots are filling up rapidly. If you are planning on attending the school please get your entry in as quickly as possible.

IM me with any questions.

PZ

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
hey PZ, any idea on by what time I would need to get inside the gate on saturday night for camping?
I emailed Mark last night like he asked in the solo list email for those that thought they may come up, but he never got back.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, we had the school and there was a MS3 at the event. I was planning on instructing in that group but one of the instructors in another group got car sick (actually fairly common when you are in a passenger seat being tossed around by really bad driving) and I had to fill in there.

Each student probably got at least 1/2 hour of seat time overall , which means they now have about a half a season's worth of driving under their belts.

We also had an event this weekend, but I'll let Scott tell his tale in a different post. :cool:

Also, if Mike B. (the MS3 driver in the school) is on this forum, perhaps you could chime in.

PZ

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=PZ link=topic=68749.msg1390257#msg1390257 date=1178545734]
Well, we had the school and there was a MS3 at the event. I was planning on instructing in that group but one of the instructors in another group got car sick (actually fairly common when you are in a passenger seat being tossed around by really bad driving) and I had to fill in there.

Each student probably got at least 1/2 hour of seat time overall , which means they now have about a half a season's worth of driving under their belts.

We also had an event this weekend, but I'll let Scott tell his tale in a different post. :cool:

Also, if Mike B. (the MS3 driver in the school) is on this forum, perhaps you could chime in.

PZ

[/quote]

do i have to chime in? Im still a bit emotional from yesterday :lol: I tried to upload the video of that run, but it didnt work out so well so i will try to get it up tonight. Ive watched that run over and over and over and I see where I may have been able to get some time, but there was not too much left out there on such a tight course. Maybe when you see it paul you can share any comments you have.
1st place loser = me

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: New England Area - Intro Autox School at New Hampshire International Speedwa

Man, i'm upset that I missed out on this. Not sure how I would feel doing it since I only have about 2000mi on the clock so far anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts