Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill make this short. But there is a new DP out by Stainless Works. Just check out their website http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php
to see the quality of their products!. Anyone that knows SW will tell you the same. I have their V1 on my car. And I just got their final version delivered today. It looks sweet. I will be selling these if enough people are interested. I just need 10 people at first. I will offer free shipping and only accept paypal. Trust me you guys. this piece is high quality and at a GREAT price. they are only $375! who is interested????? check out ebay as well .... I might sell them there as well...
Moderators: please direct me on how to become a vendor if this type of post is not allowed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks good. :shock: Seems to be very affordable. I have to ask; why is it priced so low? Quality? Please, don't be offended by my questions. I look forward to more information such as hp and tq numbers, does it fit most aftermarket exhausts, and etc. Thanks

William

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went to the website and noticed the catted pipe is $595, which is a good price, but close to others that are catted.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could get you dyno numbers with my car personally but it would be no good. I don't a stock dyno. But HP wise this would be the same as the CPE catless I would say.
ALSO this company is huge... they make stuff for big name automotive companies. if you look at their FAQ http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/faq.php and you will see for yourself. Everything is high tech. Not a single human touches anything when its being fabricated. Everything is laser and computers. basically CNC... check out their factory if your close by. you will be pleasantly surprised

·
Registered
422 Posts
[quote author=sleep_er link=topic=137301.msg2959950#msg2959950 date=1235544414]
wow that is a completely different design. any testing done with this yet? also dyno sheets would be great.
[/quote]

+1 Dyno sheets between a stock MS3 and then one with just this pipe would be great!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=i love jdm hoes link=topic=137301.msg2960359#msg2960359 date=1235576360]
I'm interested in the quality of this. Looks like a nice piece and the price is right for a lot of people.
[/quote]
to make it short check out their FAQ http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/faq.php
everything is CNC and laser cut. Everything is made by computers and machines. So its all spot on. they use 304 stainless steel "everlast" ... its high quality

·
Registered
141 Posts
[quote author=Trinity link=topic=137301.msg2960301#msg2960301 date=1235574567]
wow that is a completely different design. any testing done with this yet? also dyno sheets would be great.
[/quote]

+1 Dyno sheets between a stock MS3 and then one with just this pipe would be great!
[/quote]

Hard to believe it'll be much different than all the other 3" diam. dp out there on the market. DPs aren't exactly a high tech pc but of cource the proof would be in the dyno chart.

This is a nice option in that the cheapest previous option was the Exhaust Depot dp at $350 but it appears to be aluminized mild steel piping and this one is 304SS for $25 more. Not bad. And when you compare it to the CorkSport and TXs dp at $300 with a race pipe for another $150-200, this appears to be the new value leader. Granted I have yet to see one in person but the community will step up and let us know....

·
Registered
386 Posts
subbed...I have been wanting to get a DP for a long time now but never wanted to spend the cash to get the higher quality 1 piece designs. Interested in seeing if people have any issues with this piece (i.e. fitment, CEL, etc...).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=tuckaloe link=topic=137301.msg2961683#msg2961683 date=1235609814]
[quote author=Trinity link=topic=137301.msg2960301#msg2960301 date=1235574567]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hard to believe it'll be much different than all the other 3" diam. dp out there on the market. DPs aren't exactly a high tech pc but of cource the proof would be in the dyno chart.

This is a nice option in that the cheapest previous option was the Exhaust Depot dp at $350 but it appears to be aluminized mild steel piping and this one is 304SS for $25 more. Not bad. And when you compare it to the CorkSport and TXs dp at $300 with a race pipe for another $150-200, this appears to be the new value leader. Granted I have yet to see one in person but the community will step up and let us know....
[/quote]

FINALLY someone understand!... there was nothing out there for a good price until now! .. with me and another forum member pushing this. I had them resdesign the first piece cause there were small fitment issues.. It still worked fine ( i still have it on infact)... but to promote it I wanted everything perfect and so di they. Right now everything is said to be spot on fitment wise.. quality wise im not even concerned about cause i know what kind of quality they have.. There is a dyno out .. I just need to get a hold of it from the owner. BUT really, i know it will be around the same as CPE catless<tuckaloe is right, there wont be much difference... the owner stated 24HP gain though.. It seems its getting some interest finally.. so i might start moving forward with the group buy soon.. I just need lil more... come on guys this is a great deal.. you will be very happy... and you will know that your car is a bit unique ... There are like 2 right now with this DP that i am aware of...

·
Registered
386 Posts
[quote author=The Terminator link=topic=137301.msg2959898#msg2959898 date=1235542736]
I went to the website and noticed the catted pipe is $595, which is a good price, but close to others that are catted.
[/quote]

Hey specvspeedfreak, do you know why they charge $220 more for the dp with a highflow cat? I am not an exhaust guru by any means, but I find it hard to imagine that it really costs $220 for a highflow cat. Not implying anything here by any means, just wondering. BTW thanks for looking out for the community and looking to get a group buy going on these!

·
Registered
141 Posts
[quote author=qwerty4550 link=topic=137301.msg2961921#msg2961921 date=1235615380]
[quote author=The Terminator link=topic=137301.msg2959898#msg2959898 date=1235542736]
[/quote]

Hey specvspeedfreak, do you know why they charge $220 more for the dp with a highflow cat? I am not an exhaust guru by any means, but I find it hard to imagine that it really costs $220 for a highflow cat. Not implying anything here by any means, just wondering. BTW thanks for looking out for the community and looking to get a group buy going on these!
[/quote]

Good question qwerty. Specv, you definitely have my attention but there are a few things to note. One, as just pointed out, a hi flow cat at $220 is pretty dear. It brings $ within $100ish of Cobb/CPE. Granted, $100 is $100 but it erases the whole "value leader" thing. Not entirely, but you get the point. The Exhaust Depot dp that I mentioned earlier has an "add cat" option priced at $125.

Not saying the cat isn't worth the $220....just saying I want to know why vs lesser cats. A reasonable request, I believe.

Second point....it would appear to me on the their site the pic of the catted dp has the cat *after* the location of the second 02 sensor. So while we could all feel superior about saving the baby whales and not cheating the Fed gov't, we'd have check engine lights popping up despite having a cat in place. IE, no practical advantage over a catless version as it would provide all the "challenges" of a catless dp. Is that a prototype? Am I just wrong?

Third point.....24hp isn't shabby, but the dp usually does more for the wtq than the whp. Tell us about that aspect. Again, I suspect it's on par with the rest, it ain't rocket science, but it would help your sales potential.

Can you address those issues for us? Again, at $375 for a catless stainless steel dp, looks great. Let's settle those few issues and get the group buy moving.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=tuckaloe link=topic=137301.msg2962045#msg2962045 date=1235618239]
[quote author=qwerty4550 link=topic=137301.msg2961921#msg2961921 date=1235615380]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good question qwerty. Specv, you definitely have my attention but there are a few things to note. One, as just pointed out, a hi flow cat at $220 is pretty dear. It brings $ within $100ish of Cobb/CPE. Granted, $100 is $100 but it erases the whole "value leader" thing. Not entirely, but you get the point. The Exhaust Depot dp that I mentioned earlier has an "add cat" option priced at $125.

Not saying the cat isn't worth the $220....just saying I want to know why vs lesser cats. A reasonable request, I believe.

Second point....it would appear to me on the their site the pic of the catted dp has the cat *after* the location of the second 02 sensor. So while we could all feel superior about saving the baby whales and not cheating the Fed gov't, we'd have check engine lights popping up despite having a cat in place. IE, no practical advantage over a catless version as it would provide all the "challenges" of a catless dp. Is that a prototype? Am I just wrong?

Third point.....24hp isn't shabby, but the dp usually does more for the wtq than the whp. Tell us about that aspect. Again, I suspect it's on par with the rest, it ain't rocket science, but it would help your sales potential.

Can you address those issues for us? Again, at $375 for a catless stainless steel dp, looks great. Let's settle those few issues and get the group buy moving.
[/quote]

as far as the price difference between catted vs catless. well I can't really answer why they charge so much more myself. I asked the same question to them. Its just what they charge basically. I will let them know again and see if they can change their pricing. but i doubt it.... <<<, but for that reason i knew the price on the catless one was the way to go..so promoting this is my main concern. I am all about getting the best part for the price.

on the point of the bung for the 02 sensor being placed before the 2nd cat... I don't see that.. the have the primary 02 sensore on the flang (original location) and the 2nd is place after the cat. maybe your mistaking the flex pipe as the cat .. heres a pic

also i am still waiting on the dyno from the owner... something about having a new computer or what not.. and needs to get it scanned... but i will get it...but like you said and most know.. HP/TQ will be along the lines as the CPE catless...

$375 is a great prices for a quality piece and everyone that gets it will love the power of a DP

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
btw ... you will see the v1 DP on their site... the catted DP is revised as well i believe.. you can see the difference from new one and the revised one.... I have the old one on my car now... and will install the revised one this saturday

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
old DP.. i had them weld a extended bung on...

revised DP... notice angle changes, flex pipe, flange brackets and 2nd 02 location have been revised. plus there a Stainless Works stamp lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Alright, fair enough. I wasn't meaning to attack you at all. Just wondering if you knew why. Worst case scenario is I can buy the catless and have a cat welded on after I get the part for cheaper than getting their catted. Regardless, catless or catted I will not be emissions legal in CA. So I may be going for the midpipe route. I have heard from many people that aftermarket DPs are a bitch to install. Even more of a bitch will be getting the stock DP back in there so I can pass smog. :x

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=qwerty4550 link=topic=137301.msg2962363#msg2962363 date=1235626548]
Alright, fair enough. I wasn't meaning to attack you at all. Just wondering if you knew why. Worst case scenario is I can buy the catless and have a cat welded on after I get the part for cheaper than getting their catted. Regardless, catless or catted I will not be emissions legal in CA. So I may be going for the midpipe route. I have heard from many people that aftermarket DPs are a bitch to install. Even more of a bitch will be getting the stock DP back in there so I can pass smog. :x
[/quote]

no offense taken at all... from anyone in fact. as far as DP and emissions.. you will pass with just one cat..well you should.. and if you live in cali (which i used to as well) you will either need to get a setup like corksport or TurboTx + midpipe (so you can switch out the midpipe at emission time) or just get a catted DP... ALSO SW will acutally allow you to use a straight pipe. they can make you just the pipe itself to come with the kit ( i will mention that idea to them , just thought of it myself lol) and when emission comes around you un-clamp the straight pipe and put the cat back in

1 - 20 of 100 Posts