Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somebody who is very anal about the appearance of their car.. I always keep it clean and park it far away from other cars to avoid dents..well today i come out to my car to discover that somebody has put a nice size ding in my right rear door!!!!.....how much do you think this will cost me to get fixed?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
most PDR (paintless dent removal) places won't charge you more than ~$100 for it. Dent wizard is the local place here, but any one of them should be fine. You won't even notice it was there when they are done with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i went to this place today that said they do paintless dent removal....apparantly they don't do it but instead they call a guy who comes and does it. They charge $150 per panel...but i only have one small dent on my door..so i am going to try to find a cheaper place....I am going back up to school to albany tommorrow...does anybody know a place up there where they do paintless dent removal for cheap?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yoyur right dents will happen...though i try to advoid them by parking far away from others. Still even the smallest ding bothers me to the point where i can't appreciate my car. So I think I am going to waste my money and have it fixed....thanks guys for all the advice.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
we paid $100 for a rather difficult dent to get out (rear quarter panel on the mini). A standard door ding should only be around $80, look up the nearest dent wizard location from you, they are a chain I know.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Why won't you guys just buy a do it yourself dent remover kit? I think they cost less than $100, but not sure.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
PDR is for high school students.

Depending on where it's located, begin with ~14" pistol grip whale tale to level the perimeter through the window seam with (Easy ply wedge). Then follow with a traditional rod with a pipe handle and work in 90 degree increments. Then if rippling is detectable with light aid switch to a snub nose side panel tool though remember to use a window gaurd.

-----

j/k I just typed a bunch of crap, PDR has got to be one of the hardest things I've tried to learn and the tools are expensive... heh

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
I want to find someone who's willing to do a group-buy (group-service?) for PDR. Would be cool to have a meet with a bunch of people getting dents cleaned up and I bet they'd give a decent discount having all the cars in one place and guaranteed business / advertisement!

·
Registered
79 Posts
For $75 it's a no brainer for people like us that hate dents.

I had my last car for 7 1/2 years and never got a dent because I parked far away from everyone. We all need more exercise, right?

It's still amazes me how I'll park far away from everyone and some moron will park right next to me and only be a few inches away.

D.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha yeah, I always park as far away as i can from other cars, my friends hate it. But somehow i still ended up wih a ding....fuck the inconsiderate asshole who did this...if i saw it happen, id take the baseball bat out of my truck and put it through his windshield...lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Many years ago I bought a used 1992 Mercedes 400E that was in great shape. I loved this car and took great care of it.

One day I parked it in a FedEx parking lot for a few minutes. There were about 12 spaces. I parked in the space furthest from the office and every other space was free. This dingbat parked her POS car over the line about 4 inches from my car! Somehow she didn't ding me, but I couldn't believe she parked so close. I almost went into the office and chewed her out, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

This kind of thing happens a lot. There are lots of inconsiderate people that don't care about other people's property. It's an uphill battle trying to protect our cars from these people.

D.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
[quote author=HouRman link=topic=70106.msg1243597#msg1243597 date=1172820652]
PDR is for high school students.

Depending on where it's located, begin with ~14" pistol grip whale tale to level the perimeter through the window seam with (Easy ply wedge). Then follow with a traditional rod with a pipe handle and work in 90 degree increments. Then if rippling is detectable with light aid switch to a snub nose side panel tool though remember to use a window guard.

-----

j/k I just typed a bunch of crap, PDR has got to be one of the hardest things I've tried to learn and the tools are expensive... heh
[/quote]

Man, I first started read your post, and I thought "Shit, HouR's lost his freakin' mind"! Then I realized you were joking, and I calmed down. :p

Darryl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.