Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the drivers door on my car is kinda...... Not that great. It looks a little warped and there was a pretty noticeable paint job to it. I can't really post pics because i don't have a good enough camera that can show you guys it. How much does a new door go for? Is the front of the door ( that you see outside the car ) part of the whole door or can i buy that seperately? Do you think it'd be worth it? It's kinda annoying how it is. Also what do you think i'm looking at price-wise after a paint job? Thanks. I hope this is in the right section.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
it's called a door skin, and no idea.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
[quote author=515mazda3 link=topic=134565.msg2894247#msg2894247 date=1233092760]
i need the same thing and called the mazda dealership and they said that mazda doesnt' make the door skin...
[/quote]

call ford? :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an 09' Mazda I-Touring Value and it will be going to the shop early february. I am having my driver sider door skin replaced and painted (MFR Part # is BN8V59031E). I had the same issue, my wife put the car into a snow bank and the door is rippled, but the paint is still intact. The door skin was $130 and it was going to take 11 man hours at $45 an hour, per the insurance estimate. Roughly $625 to replace

OR

around 6 hours to repair with mud and refinish $270

These are just insurance estimates, shop rates and time for repairs probably will vary.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so this "door skin" is the part on the outside that you see, like bellow the window where the door handle is? And $135? That's cheap enough. I know someone who's dad paints cars and stuff and could get it done relatively cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts