Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just had a pair of EBC Redstuff ceramics put on my 2004 mazda3 (with basic OE rotors) because I was recommended them by a few people and after they've been installed, the squeal that's coming from the brakes is incredibly loud. I've driven approximately 500 miles with them since they've been installed and they have yet to stop squealing (in fact, it appears as though they are getting worse).

The mechanic I took them to (I've never done a brake job nor do I have the tools to do one) is quite reputable and told me it's likely a part problem. The shop where I bought the EBCs and Rotors tell me it's a mechanic problem.

I'm stuck in the middle.

I understand ceramics can squeal a bit more than semi-metallic, especially when cold. However, mine are dead quiet when cold, it's only when I've braked a few times that they start to squeal. When they're fully warm, the squealing can easily be heard about 2 blocks away (it's that loud).

I'm not quite sure where I should start.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both the rotors and the pads are brand new.

I'm at about 500 miles on it, it's actually very disconcerting hearing the car brake. It seriously sounds like something is wrong. I've heard cars on the track with pads that are supposed to be more performing than EBC and they aren't even 10% as loud as mine.

Ever hear a bus come to a stop? Multiply that by 10. And it's not a dull squeal either, it's piercing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Damn that sucks cuase I just bought them but haven't installed. Regardless to noise, how do they break compared to stock?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts