Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now the proud owner of a new Mazda 3 S sedan in titanium gray. It's not brand new, but it's new to me. It's a 2004. I'm so excited. I've already ordered some upgrades. Such as a Fujita CAI. I also ordered catback from Corksport.com. Has anyone dealt with them before. Another mod I'm doing is the kenstyle kit. My RX8 wheels should be here soon also. I can't wait. I had to get out of my Stratus.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
getting out of the stratus and into a mazda3 was a very wise choice! congrats on the nicer car ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got my RX-8 wheels today. I must say I'm unhappy. They were supposed to be a perfect set with no curb rash. Instead all four had curb rash and scratches. The guy won't refund my money. So I guess I got screwed. I'm still a bicycle rider so it won't let me leave him negative feedback. So beware of Tarantula88 on here. Everything else I bought new so hopefully I won't have any problems there.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=gbcustoms link=topic=66537.msg1141350#msg1141350 date=1168383679]
- - - Mazda 3 S sedan in titanium gray - - -
[/quote]

So, there I was driving past the used elephant lot, and . . . :lol:

Congrats! You picked the right color and shape - enjoy!

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
[quote author=gbcustoms link=topic=66537.msg1144532#msg1144532 date=1168543566]
Well, I got my RX-8 wheels today. I must say I'm unhappy. They were supposed to be a perfect set with no curb rash. Instead all four had curb rash and scratches. The guy won't refund my money. So I guess I got screwed. I'm still a bicycle rider so it won't let me leave him negative feedback. So beware of Tarantula88 on here. Everything else I bought new so hopefully I won't have any problems there.
[/quote]

I remember looking at those wheels, it was a good price. Technically he wasn't supposed to be allowed to sell on here; and his pictures didn't have a handwritten sign with his sn and mz3f.com on it, so i wonder if he used someone else's picture?

·
Registered
29 Posts
These, were my original pictures. and these wheels are in LIKE NEW condition. and i will stand by that.

this is very dissapointing to hear for me becuase i tried to be honest on answering your questions as best I could.

Dawid

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whatever.  You said a perfect set with no curb rash.  Here is your post http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=66325.0 There was curb rash on all 4 wheels and scratches.  Below are just a few of the pics I took this morning when they arrived.  Like new wheels don't have curb rash and scratches.  Sorry.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
=\

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
[quote author=Sealy link=topic=66537.msg1144564#msg1144564 date=1168545238]
[quote author=gbcustoms link=topic=66537.msg1141350#msg1141350 date=1168383679]
- - - Mazda 3 S sedan in titanium gray - - -
[/quote]

So, there I was driving past the used elephant lot, and . . . :lol:

Congrats! You picked the right color and shape - enjoy!
[/quote]
ah the defender of the tomato car.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
That's bullshit (about the rims). First off, he shouldn't have been able to sell 'em, and secondly, false advertisement is lame.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
[quote author=Tarantula88 link=topic=66537.msg1144657#msg1144657 date=1168548085]
These, were my original pictures. and these wheels are in LIKE NEW condition. and i will stand by that.

this is very dissapointing to hear for me becuase i tried to be honest on answering your questions as best I could.

Dawid

[/quote]

Bullshits.

"Regular use only, no curb rash."

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok. Perks of owning a body shop.  I didn't feel comfortable selling these wheels to anyone else.  I know some probably wouldn't care to have wheels in that shape.  But I just couldn't.  So....I spent some time last night sanding these wheels completely and getting them ready for paint.  This weekend they will get painted and I'll let them sit for a week or so before getting tires mounted to make sure they are completely dry.  So it still sucks that I got ripped off but least now I know my wheels are like new with no curb rash.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
[quote author=gbcustoms link=topic=66537.msg1146840#msg1146840 date=1168643764]
Ok. Perks of owning a body shop. I didn't feel comfortable selling these wheels to anyone else. I know some probably wouldn't care to have wheels in that shape. But I just couldn't. So....I spent some time last night sanding these wheels completely and getting them ready for paint. This weekend they will get painted and I'll let them sit for a week or so before getting tires mounted to make sure they are completely dry. So it still sucks that I got ripped off but least now I know my wheels are like new with no curb rash.
[/quote]

Good luck with the rims, that really bites. I got my RX8 wheel set for $400 total, I can't wait until spring when I throw mine on! (lucky me, no curb rash)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts