Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lot of people installing new BPV over here but they don't explain why.
What does it bring compared to the stock BPV ?
Is it the the same as a BOV but in recirculation mode ?
PS: I hate these Pshh on our cars that make them sound like trucks...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Some say the stock BPV leaks. Buy a gauge or acquire data logging capability for your car to see if that's the case with your car.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
[quote author=daveinla link=topic=139419.msg3005289#msg3005289 date=1237505896]
I see lot of people installing new BPV over here but they don't explain why.
What does it bring compared to the stock BPV ?
Is it the the same as a BOV but in recirculation mode ?
[/quote]

^ I want my car to make all the pcheeeeewww....pssssh....and woosh sounds it can from the front and all the exhaust popping I can get in the rear....

PEW PEW PEW...pwn!

the only thing is...our cars are setup for recirc mode.
VTA is not recommended.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
[quote author=daveinla link=topic=139419.msg3005289#msg3005289 date=1237505896]
[/quote]

Get a turbo inlet, and keep your stock bpv, and it will almost mute that awful sound you hate. I might switch back to VTA just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have had boost gauge running with the stock bpv, and I did not see any boost leak. Currently I have turbosmark bov with 100% recirc. I just really like to sound of it. and I think that's the main reason why I still have it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
For most people it really is all about the sound. But that is same thing with a CBE.

I love the sound of my SU turbosmart hybrid.

I did notice that my factory valve leaked tho. pretty bad. So i had to upgrade.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
i have an 08.5 and my factory valve didn't leak...at least i don't think it did...DH logs looked pretty good on both HKS and stock valves...hitting about 16.5psi on both and tapering down

I just bought my HKS for security and sound...I say security because when I add more mods, I'm not sure if the stock BOV will hold...so its for down the road purposes

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
haha...nothing like a nice lil whoooosh PST and a backfire!

whooOOOOOSHHH PST BANG!

LBV...im looking into meth injection...the boosted air temp graph you got there makes me want to order right now lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
My Forge BPV definitely holds boost better than the stocker did for me... plus you can re-tune it with different spring/shims for your specific car/mods...

·
Registered
598 Posts
i ran my ms3 cai with a hks bov and with the stock bpv and it was a huge difference the car was why fast with the hks on recirc... so im prety sure i have a bad stock bpv

·
Registered
327 Posts
[quote author=lucky sevens link=topic=139419.msg3006438#msg3006438 date=1237564173]
My Forge BPV definitely holds boost better than the stocker did for me... plus you can re-tune it with different spring/shims for your specific car/mods...
[/quote]

Same here, I thought that I had a boost leak and got the Forge. Now I don't hear the leaking presure sound and my car holds boost much better. I am pulling all the way up the rev range instead of getting inconsistent bursts of power. But I called COBB and they told me that their MS3 is running 22 psi on the stock valve, so I guess the build quality of the stocker is a coin toss...def glad I made my purchase though.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
well, i noticed that with stock, my power dropped off at 5500rpm, when i upgraded, i was able to go to 6000rpm without drastic drop offs....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts