Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok someone drove my car into a snow bank, so hes paying for a new bumper. I am probably going to get the Sport Bumper as an upgrade which would about complete my sport upgrade. anyways.. so i checked out the list of body kits most are for the hatchback and the sedan ones are pretty out there. in case I am missing something. I would like you guys to give some input into a bumper replacement.. not just front lips etc.. something nice and classy and not too out there.. the new autoexe one for the hatch looks good something like that

thanks

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=roddy link=topic=67434.msg1160154#msg1160154 date=1169343221]
if your gonna do body kit, consider if your car is dropped. because it'll scrape a lot. actually even w/o drop i bet some front bumpers will still scrape
[/quote]

hmmm..........then maybe not such a good idea.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=ziegs2020 link=topic=67434.msg1160427#msg1160427 date=1169359735]
Get the GT/S model front, looks way better.
[/quote]

u mean the 04-06? :) yeah i figure that would be easier.

midnight.. lol I wish........if there was a crash maybe I will get a used but to buy it new, too expensive need the re-bar etc and foam too much pls labour.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i see you are looking for a new bumper. not advertising but recently i helped my friend get some oem stuff and i found this place.

www.partstrain.com
they got almost everything at least i think they got bumpers and hoods. maybe u can check them out and get more price comparisions. good luck!! :klavergreg:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Are you sure you need the different supports for the GT bumper? I was told it was a direct swap. Guess the dealers are really inconsistent with their information.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=ziegs2020 link=topic=67434.msg1163944#msg1163944 date=1169533987]
Are you sure you need the different supports for the GT bumper? I was told it was a direct swap. Guess the dealers are really inconsistent with their information.
[/quote]

well depending on what you are talking about, if 04-06 it is a direct swap. I have a 05 and it would not be an exact swap with the 07. I have already ordered my bumper and would be picking it up in TO when I go there to get stuff done. Painting to be done first week Feb. Will post pics after just for the fun of it :) Although its nothing special hehe

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Are you talking about the front air dam bumper, because I was suggest the s model bumper from 06. I thought it (front air dam) already came painted, arg, I'm getting so many different answers from dealers now days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts