Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a Mazda 3 this weekend with the Bose Sound System. The car that's being replaced has an Orion Cobalt 200.4 amp, a 12" Earthquake sub and a 6 speaker Earthquake system.

I want to keep the system (transfer it to the Mazda 3) but don't know if it's completely practical. I'd be getting a hatchback model, but I'm not too excited about killing the extra space with a sub.

If anything I'd like to keep the amp to boost the power of the Bose, but don't know how I'd go about doing this. I don't really trust car installation shops, especially with a brand new car (I don't want it coming back with dings) so I guess I'd be doing this myself.

I want to keep everything as simple as possible, and exclude the sub if the bass is good enough without it.

Any thoughts about this? I want to get the best possible sound with my current equipment without the hassle of dealing with installation shops.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Why wouldn't you be able to take out everything from your current care and put it in your new car?

Are you asking about keeping the head unit and replacing the bose amp with your new amps or are you replacing the HU too?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the head is fine, I'm just asking if it'd be worth the trouble to replace a new Bose system with a 5 year old Earthquake system. I have no experience with Bose.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Ahh, did you test out the system in the car? I'm sure it won't be as loud as your aftermarket. It is good for stock, but that's about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where are you? If you are in or near NJ check out SR Audio I know there have been a few guys on the forum that have used them everyone was happy with there work.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Honestly, you're best off either replacing everything except the headunit, or leaving it all alone. With the way the Bose system is engineered, it's not particularly easy or practical to augment what's there...some members here have done it, but it's not a trivial install like pulling all of it and replacing it would be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts