Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3I sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new owner here. Just bought this for my son and need a bit of advice. I've been through the Noob threads and see there's lots of good info there. I have two 2002 BMW E46's I work on a lot so not unfamiliar with working on cars, just Mazdas!

Anyway, car has 123,000 miles and is in very nice shape. Engine bay very clean. Body super nice. Interior in amazing shape.

It did throw a P0069 and there is a LOT of noise from the rear wheels and I'm assuming those are bearings.

So, my question is, after looking at a number of posts about the P0069, what's the best way to tackle it since it could be a number of things? I'll definitely address the air filter first. Just looking for people's experiences tracking down the cause and how best to approach it.

As for the what I THINK is rear wheel bearings, can anyone let me know what else it might be?

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
110 Posts
Rear wheels most likely what you said ... bearings or brakes pads worn
As for P0069 causes :
Faulty Barometric Pressure (BARO) sensor
Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor harness open or shorted to ground
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Engine mechanical problems

I am assuming you are not in a high altitude area .
I would start with the air filter and the MAF sensor. You cannot really chemical / clean MAF except blow air thru or replace .
Then clear the codes and see if it comes back on.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3I sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As for P0069 causes :

I would start with the air filter and the MAF sensor. You cannot really chemical / clean MAF except blow air thru or replace .
Thank you! In Nashville, so not high altitude. Have already ordered the MOOG hubs and air filter. Picked the car up tonight in Murfreesboro and drove it 47 miles back home. Other than the droning rumble from the bad bearings, the car is really in great shape. No misfires, hesitation, suspicious nosies, etc. Hope to address all these issues this weekend. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3I sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for P0069 causes :

Well, I discovered that the back latch of the air filter housing was not snapped on when I picked the car up. Latched it and drove home. In that time, the P0069 cleared itself. So I'm going to assume that was the issue. Now on to the rear hub assemblies...

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
110 Posts
Interesting !!

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3I sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting !!
I got everything off no problem. Can't believe how clean and rust free this car is. Ordered new brakes all around from PowerStop. Close to worn out and why not? Easier than re-installing the old shit. I'm just amazed how much easier these cars are to work on than the damned Bimmers. Thanks again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got everything off no problem. Can't believe how clean and rust free this car is. Ordered new brakes all around from PowerStop. Close to worn out and why not? Easier than re-installing the old shit. I'm just amazed how much easier these cars are to work on than the damned Bimmers. Thanks again.
Because BMWs have garbage engineering and crap-ass cheap rubber and plastic parts. Other than the fact that your new 3 won’t attract any gold diggers or wannabes you have purchased a much better designed and built car, that is light years more reliable and cheap to repair than ANY BMW.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3I sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because BMWs have garbage engineering and crap-ass cheap rubber and plastic parts. Other than the fact that your new 3 won’t attract any gold diggers or wannabes you have purchased a much better designed and built car, that is light years more reliable and cheap to repair than ANY BMW.
LOL. Yep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts