Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wonder if there's a huge difference between the 2.3L and the 2.0L
European reviews of the Europe Spec 2.0L were quite happy with the 2.0L engine... of course, they only get the 1.6L and the 2.0L engines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only difference between the 2.0L and 2.3L is that the 2.3L has an 11mm longer stroke. The block is also 11mm taller to accomodate that longer stroke. The engines use the same cylinder head, cams, valves, etc. Due to the shorter stroke of the 2.0L, it will be able to rev to higher RPMs before failure.

We will definitely be embracing the Mazda3 here at DuratecPerformance. Take a look at our new header for for the 2.3L Focus:

http://store.duratecperformance.com/store/shop.mpl?Cat=2,20,27&Item=346

The header for the 2.3L Mazda6 and Mazda3 will look very similar to this.

Nikolas

·
Registered
9 Posts
ATL,

I wouldnt necessarily say that either. Take a look at the aftermarket support for the 6i right now.... there are no intakes avaiable for it, no exhausts, no headers, no cams, no heads... I think there are some Eibach springs.. ;)

Granted AEM, Injen, and K&N have intakes that will be out "soon" .. but these companies are going to take the same amount of time (9-12 months) to come out with intake kits for the Mazda3. This time around, it will only take us 2-4 months to release our intake kit. We missed the boat on the Mazda6, and we arent going to let that happen this time around on the Mazda3.

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Phot3k said:
I'd take a 2.3L, would be a bit easier to drive on the highways with that extra displacement. But if for gas reasons and you really need 160HP a 2.0 is more than enough.
You mean "really don't need 160HP" :)

Well, it'd be nice. There's a price factor (but we're not quite sure what that's going to be yet). Benefit vs cost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you want the hatch, you don't really have a choice. The 2.3 is standard. Also there is about 150 pounds difference between a 2.0L sedan and the 2.3L hatch. I'm sure the 2.3L is still faster, but the less expensive sedan may be more fun to throw into a corner. 148 hp may not exactly earth-shattering, but its not bad for this size car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
DuratecPerformance said:
The only difference between the 2.0L and 2.3L is that the 2.3L has an 11mm longer stroke. The block is also 11mm taller to accomodate that longer stroke. The engines use the same cylinder head, cams, valves, etc. Due to the shorter stroke of the 2.0L, it will be able to rev to higher RPMs before failure.

We will definitely be embracing the Mazda3 here at DuratecPerformance. Take a look at our new header for for the 2.3L Focus:

Nikolas
Did you guys dyno the focus with this? Just wondering how much it would boost the power? 5, 10, 15 horses?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haris said:
DuratecPerformance said:

Nikolas
Did you guys dyno the focus with this? Just wondering how much it would boost the power? 5, 10, 15 horses?

We will be dynoing our Focus when we get back from the SEMA show. We tried to squeeze in a dyno session before the show, but it just didnt work out. By the time we dyno the Focus, we will have our Cold Air Intake, 4-1 Race Header, and 2.5" Race Exhaust on the car. We have no idea what to expect. 10-15 HP gain from all three would be dissapointing, 15-25 whp gain would be expected and acceptable, anything over 25whp gain from all three of these would be surprising.

Our stock Focus dynoed at 128whp stock.. If we can hit 160whp with I/H/E I will be pretty happy.

Nikolas

·
Registered
9 Posts
ATL,

Not at this point in time. We are spending most of our money on R&D and production of new parts. Once we can build our portfolio of parts then you should see some ads in magazines. Because it takes so long for ads to actually appear in magazines, I would expect to see our first ads some time next summer.

Until then, we will just advertise on internet message boards and try to get our website listed as high as possible on search engines.

Nikolas

21 - 40 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.