Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
jamester said:
Yeah, I agree. The 2.3 is the only way to go, IMO.

This car is affordable to begin with, topping out with all the goodies where the 6 basically starts at. The only thing you give up is a little room, but that's made up for by the better power-to-weight ratio.

It's win-win, isn't it? Go all the way with the 2.3! =)
I agree. You can get Mazda3 basically 2.3L engine, with every option including xenons, navi, leather (if available), sunroof, etc. and it'll still be around $18-19K USD. That's where Mazda6i starts off at.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm surprised they wont get 2.3L engine because their atenza's all only have 2.3L. But then again, I guess it would suck if Mazda Atenza got beat by Mazda3, so that's probably why they only gave them 2.0L.

·
Registered
172 Posts
DuratecPerformance said:
The only difference between the 2.0L and 2.3L is that the 2.3L has an 11mm longer stroke. The block is also 11mm taller to accomodate that longer stroke. The engines use the same cylinder head, cams, valves, etc. Due to the shorter stroke of the 2.0L, it will be able to rev to higher RPMs before failure.

We will definitely be embracing the Mazda3 here at DuratecPerformance. Take a look at our new header for for the 2.3L Focus:

http://store.duratecperformance.com/store/shop.mpl?Cat=2,20,27&Item=346

The header for the 2.3L Mazda6 and Mazda3 will look very similar to this.

Nikolas
Did you guys dyno the focus with this? Just wondering how much it would boost the power? 5, 10, 15 horses?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.