Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Winning Blue GT sedan three days ago, cheap from browning mazda, 5 speed with wheel locks, spoiler, and moonroof/6cd/bose package. Got it out of the dealership with only 6 miles total, and took it out for a joyride two days ago, driving fine until i got to the garage, and stalled it 3 times before getting it in... :slap: Now its safe in the garage until my sister's boyfriend can teach me properly tommorow. Ill update with pics as soon as i can borrow my sister's camera ^.^

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. You must of nabbed a pretty sweet deal on a 06 considering it was a left over. Hope you enjoy the car and i commend you on attempting stick. I was too much of a whimp and just went for the auto. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You made a good call getting the stick. Your brain will thank you later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm impressed you bought a stick without knowing how to drive it, and even more impressed that you were able to make it all the way home before stalling. Personally, I think the best way to learn is to teach yourself. I would always get frustrated with other people trying to teach me, and could never understand what they were telling me. You'll get it.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
That's how I did it. Bought a 95 Talon AWD, sold my Corolla, and had to figure out how the hell to get home. I did in a hurry.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=wazway link=topic=67819.msg1167968#msg1167968 date=1169701523]
- - - until my sister's boyfriend can teach me properly - - -
- - - as soon as i can borrow my sister's camera - - -

[/quote]

Borrow her boyfriend, borrow her camera - - - are we sure this is even your car, or did you borrow it from her as well? I guess that's how you sedaners do things. :D

PS - As soon as he teaches you properly, can I borrow him? I need some proper teaching. :shock:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, i read a lot about driving stick beforehand, and actually the salesman from the dealership drove it home xD, i just drove it around after ^^;;. But yea, took it out again today at night, getting used to inclines and getting it going in regular streets. Didnt have enough time to borrow the camera, hopefully tomorrow xD. But people like to honk when you stall on a green light :squint: Oh well, just a part of learning i guess. Hope to have manual down in a few days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
People aren't honking because they're mad. They're honking because they're jealous of your new 3. 8)
You'll have it down in a week. Until then, hurry up and get that camera!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You know, instead of stalling, rev the hell out of it and dump the clutch. You can leave all the haters in a cloud of tire smoke!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=mndsm link=topic=67819.msg1170096#msg1170096 date=1169825558]
You can leave all the haters in a cloud of tire smoke!
[/quote]

. . . and a hail of engine, clutch, and transmission parts. :roll:

Don't listen to him. All men are animals - especially when it is someone elses MZ3. :?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Blah. I'd do it to mine too. That's what warranties are for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts