Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone would even consider it but do yourself a favor and DON'T.

I'll make it short and sweet, never buy from slowboy racing people! I wouldn't care if they gave me free parts I would never accept them from those scamming son's of bitches!

Not only are some of their salesmen lying peice's of shit but the "president/CEO" of the company is just as bad and they won't help me out for Marit's (sales rep for SBR) mistakes!

I'm going to do everything I can to make sure no one I knows ever even thinks about ordering from them! It's a very very very long story but to make it short, I was an idiot for giving them a chance and getting sucked into their "good" price for parts I wanted. I know I know, I've heard so many horror stories and now I find out 1st hand that they were true!

By far the WORST company I've ever delt with and I should have listened to the many people that told me not to order from them. Guess I learned my lesson the hard way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, my fault for ever giving a terrible company my time and money.

It's a long story so I'll try to keep it short.

I originally ordered the BEP housing and oil lines from them when they finally were released again last summer. Took nearly 2 months to get and come to find out Marti just wrote up the order but never sent it through!

I only ordered from them because I couldn't find the housing anywhere else and I saw a handfull of people on tuners.com said they got theirs within a week. So I took the plunge and ordered from them. Mind you this was a month or so after they had a the BEP housings in stock for awhile because I wanted to wait to see if anyone else had any problems with them. So I battled that for a couple months and finally got it with no compensation or even a simple sorry for messing up.

End of last year comes rolling around and I was looking for a complete timing kit and a few other parts. Marti priced me out and gave me a pretty good deal on everything at the time, but I was still very very very hesitant and looked around but no one could come close to their price and I was on a budget.

Jan. 20th I sent my paypal and ever since then it's been down hill with Marti and SBR!

Took another month to get my parts and it was packaged very poorly. I was also missing 2 gaskets and then I magically received 1 gasket that I never even asked for but some how it ended up on the invoice. So basically since the end of Feb, beginning of March I've been dealing with Marti, back and forth trying to get these gaskets.

He said he sent them like 2 months ago and I never got them. I kept asking him numerous times for a tracking number and failed to give it to me. Then he started ignoring me altogether. I had to contact Joe, who by the way isnt much better, to get Marti to respond back to me.

Fast forward to now, here I am and I finally bitched to Mike and Candy of SBR which both were of no use as well. Mike doesn't care about customers one bit and got all pissy when I told him his shipping dept. sucked, well come to find out his wife (Candy I do believe) handles every packaged that leaves that place. So he said he wouldn't help me anymore because I "degraded" his company and also said his shipping dept. sucked!

Out of my frustration I've been sending Marti messages everyday and I just mark each message with a number untill he finally responded today with a tracking number to the "2nd time" he sent me gaskets.

Geeee what do you know, he called me 2 weeks ago and said he was sending them out that day and that he would get me a tracking number. I look up the number today and to my suprise that d-bag sent them out today!!!!

He has never once done anything that he said he would do over the past 3 months. I even told him I'd take my money back and he never responded to any of that either. He just played dumb the whole time.

I hate SBR and like I said I wouldn't even accept free parts from them ever!

BTW. ExtremePSI, MAPerformance, and MachV are probably the best customer service for parts that I've had good service with.

that is the short version of the story...there is a lot of in between and if I missed anything you would like to know, let me know!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=halo0 link=topic=171245.msg3627948#msg3627948 date=1271916180]
That's not short.

Where is this company located?
[/quote]

I know...I was a bit frustrated but I believe they recently moved to Florida. Other than that I believe they used to have a shop in Indiana???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts