Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I don't much care for them. I'd rather put LEDs in my courtesy lights. I'm the kind of guy who likes subtle mods, which will get attention but will also look classy when I go out to dinner or the movies or something.

I also don't like something that will draw so much attention to my car, that there's controversy over it. Some people get pissed off because your all riced out and think you're cool, and scream at you from the side walk, or maybe they don't like your stickers and key your car. It's sort of the tall, dark, and handsome complex; I like to be mysteriously sexy...

My car, that is. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think your car has to be flashy enough to warrant having an underbody kit. A Ford Taurus with one'll look terrible, a lowered eclipse with an SF kit would look nice with one.

But with the 3 I'd add some minor cosmedic stuff onto it, lower it to give it a meaner profile with a lip and that would be it. 8)

·
Registered
263 Posts
ATL what you should know is that even if others don't like something of think it is rice, and that YOU absolutly DO love it, then GO for it and buy them.

The idea behind this is that YOU buy stuff for YOUR car and YOU ride with it.

-Frank

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, that's so true. Some of my friends are into that stuff and even though I don't particularly care to do it to my car, I could care less that they do it to their own. Hell, I do that sort of stuff to my PC, so I don't have room to say it's stupid ;)

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I like Street Glow, HIDs, strobes but its only fun when you are at a car show. Cops around here hate the Street Glow and strobe lights and always trying to give a ticket. HIDs are fine but are a dead giveaway when you are speeding. You stick out from the crowd of brown/dull lights.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
they are okay....but i agree with kaz, i like subtle enhancements...ill surely put led's in the map lights etc.....i saw someone do that on a 6 and it looks...SWEEEETTTT....blue leds btw..

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to change out my city lights/parklights. I think a blue LED would look good and go with some PIAA lights for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sooooo glad I'm here at this forum! Ive recently gotten to like the Mazda3 REALLY much and I'm definitely getting into it. About these lights though, does anyone know where I can go and read up on the differences between LEDs and HIDs (and what they freakin mean?? lol) and what street glow lights would be beneficial to a 3, if I want to get one that is. My aunt has a white 2003 pontiac grand am GT and just put purple street glow lights under hers which looks HOT. Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a question about the Xenon's... I don't even know if I have them. I don't believe I do, but some people say I do. My headlights are the globe lights and they are cool enough to get comments but are they even xenons?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
look on your sticker price... you'd notice a nice 600+ charge for them. Also, if you turn on your lights and they show a tint change while warming up, you have em...

i'd bet my money on no though

·
Registered
219 Posts
The only thing neon belongs on is a rusted out Trans AM with a racoon tail hanging from the antenna :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Odie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts