Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When negotiating, do you negotiate from the base MSRP, or do you negotiate from the MSRP + destination charge when trying to get down near invoice.

(did I mention its hard to find a car with JUST the leather and moonroof combo)

The car I think I want (since you cant get xenon without abs, and its impossible find leather + moonroof on a lot, let alone + dimming mirror) :

Lava Orange
Black w/Red Cloth
Moonroof + 6 CD package
Wheel Locks

$17,815 MSRP + 520 destination charge = $18,335

$16,558 Invoice + 520 destinatino charge = $17,078

College Grad Cash + we would finance through them = $1k rebate (if they stack)

So I was thinking of trying to negotiate down to $17,100 and then minus the 1k, so $16,100 before TTL.

Does that sound good, unrealistic? Has anyone gotten below invoice on these before rebates?

Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
When negotiating, do you negotiate from the base MSRP, or do you negotiate from the MSRP + destination charge when trying to get down near invoice.
No Start from below invoice and work up. Decide beforehand the max price you'll settle on. I'd look at about 2% above invoice.

(did I mention its hard to find a car with JUST the leather and moonroof combo)
Certain combos of factory options are hard to find and would need to be ordered from the factory

The car I think I want (since you cant get xenon without abs, and its impossible find leather + moonroof on a lot, let alone + dimming mirror)
You can get xenon without abs and the autodimming mirror is a DAO. They would have to order and install it.

So I was thinking of trying to negotiate down to $17,100 and then minus the 1k, so $16,100 before TTL.

Does that sound good, unrealistic? Has anyone gotten below invoice on these before rebates?
See answer above. Yes a few people have managed to get below invoice. Not impossible just very hard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answers. Online it says you need ABS package to get Xenon so I guess I need to talk to a dealer about that.

Its beginning to look more and more like I might have to order one right from the factory to get what I want. Does that put me in a worse position for negotiating?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.