Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's hard to tell from the picture, but for the most part, my needle location is a hair higher than one click below half way. This is at night with ambient display reading 58 degrees outside after a 50 mile drive and I filled up with gas, then parked. Humidity - 45%, near sea level.

I was wondering what the guage looks like on everyone's car on average?

The outside temp. in my area ranges with lows of 55F and highs of 80F. Pretty much stable needle position.

I don't think i've ever made the needle go half way or hotter than half way. It seems like its always a fraction of a click below the half way point. Usually the needle is "touching" the one click below mark, but not centered over it.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
My needle is usually waaay higher than that.

My speedometer needle, anyways 8)

But seriously, that looks like exactly where mine always sits, whether it's -10 or 90.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
The temp gauge is damped and is a short sweep gauge. that means that it isn't really going to change with temperature variations unless they are fairly large and basically only reads from about 190-230F (most likely, that seems to be what most gauges do). It is basically going to sit in the middle unless the temp jumps more then about 10F or so (or drops by more then that).
-Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts