Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I did this shoddy install 10 years ago on my 2007 Mazda 3, I think it has Bose system.
It worked great when I put it in, gave the car to family years ago, and just got it back, with it not working so well.

I am using a LOC to go from stock HU to my Alpine amp, and none of the RIGHT SIDE speakers are working.
There are 2 loose wires, but I wanted to try and confirm where they're supposed to go, but I can't find any diagram for them.

There are 2 sets of wires, the wires coming FROM the HU, and the wires meant to go directly to the speakers. The wires to the speakers I think are good, but these red and green colored wires in the pic I don't know...
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Dude, that's an absolute MESS. If I were to work on that, I would rip everything completely out, restore it to the factory condition, and then start over fresh.

The reason I say that, there are bare wires and chopped off harnesses everywhere. Until you get it back to a base level of function, there's no way to really tell what the hell is going on.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Also, if you have the Bose head unit, you absolutely do not need a LOC. Besides, even if you didn't have the Bose HU, you still don't need an LOC, as your Alpine amp has speaker level inputs already built in!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts