Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Angel Eyes, and I've logged a few hours reading page after page of how-to's so I know everything going in... but...

I want to connect these to the fog light switch, and everyone says to find the wire and tap it. That sounds like a great idea.

1. Where's the best place to tap it. (Settle down, Beavis)
2. How do you tap the wire?
3. What is needed TO tap the wire?

Pictures would really really help me a lot. I'm very visual.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
This is a tap in.

You can pick them up at the auto parts store in their electrical section.

Locate the + and - wires for your fogs and tap in your + and - wires from the angel eyes into the wires from the fogs.

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=Mooshkabooble link=topic=134878.msg2901560#msg2901560 date=1233359199]
I want to connect these to the fog light switch, and everyone says to find the wire and tap it. That sounds like a great idea.[/quote]

Do you have independent fog control?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=upashi link=topic=134878.msg2901603#msg2901603 date=1233360060]
Do you have independent fog control?
[/quote]

Yup. Gots me a twisty switch and everything. That's the whole reason I wanna tap them.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I see ( ^_^) 9

I was just concerned little if you had stock fog and no independent mod, Angel Eyes only come with headlights on and off when high beams on..

I believe it's easier to work with bumper off.
Once you find fog light harness R/B( red and white stripe< from 07 Mazda3 electrick diagram>) is + line, tap it and connect to Angel eyes + line. And you can either tap fog - line ( solid balck) or ground to nearby grounding point.

When I find picture, I will try to up.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also considering since I did a parking light delete, if it would be better and/or easier to set up my halos to switch on with the turn of the regular lights. Off, Halos, Halos and Headlights. Could this be done? Is it a good idea?

For all those out there with halos, what did YOU do and why?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a total douche when it comes to wiring. Lmao.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do this. I'm not looking for an easy way, but the right way. I'll likely be running these a lot, but I still want the option to turn them off when I want.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Wiring is so easy. + to + and - to - . Just find a source that you're comfortable with and that functions the way you want it to. If you're nervous the just use the fogs since they're independant. That way they're on a switch and you can have them on without the headlights.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems like connecting to the battery for the always on option is pretty popular.

I was thinking a splice into the parking lights and then doing a electrical tape based parking light delete... but then I have a feeling the halos wouldn't turn on either...

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=Mooshkabooble link=topic=134878.msg2902376#msg2902376 date=1233386274]
Seems like connecting to the battery for the always on option is pretty popular.

I was thinking a splice into the parking lights and then doing a electrical tape based parking light delete... but then I have a feeling the halos wouldn't turn on either...
[/quote]

Parking light delete with electrical tape will not affect Angel Eyes when you splice into parking lights line.
Tape is just shutting hot going into parking light side terminal of bulb end and wire is still hot. So no worry!

<from 2007 Mazda3 electrical diagram>

O/L ( Orange with bLue stripe)is the parking light line.
B (Black) is GND

1 - 12 of 12 Posts