Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just install my new Razo H7 headlight not HID! and drive about a week and when I go out today I notice that one side of my headlight it is not on and another one it is turn on, so I bought my car to deler to check out what the problem is that? and my deler told me because I use the aftermarket headlight so cause the headlight sucker melt!! so I just wondering why??? because I was drive the 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer and changed the same headlight but don't have this kind of problem....so have any of you got the same problem? it is just 4550K Razo H7 headlight, and cause my headlight sucker melt????????? strange~~~~~

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They'll say that so they don't have to cover the replacement of any broken/defective parts under warranty. I was warned about that (putting in higher wattage bulbs) by my dealer before I had them install my aftermarket Hoen bulbs.

Be sneaking about it, remove the Razo lights, reinstall the stock lights and go to another dealership and have them take a look at it. :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ic....so do you put your own headlight on? because the deler said because my Razo cause the sucker melt so the wire cannot turn on the light.......hmm~~~~~it is strange happen on the 2004 Mazda....because my old Lancer doesn't have this kind of problem.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
with the projector housing, it's not a very good idea to put in higher wattage bulb as the chance to melt your wiring harness is extrmely high dude to the enclosed housing. an aftermarket H7 harness should only cost you 10 bucks, cut the old melted one off and connect the new one with a wire connector which you can purchase at any auto part store, and wrap that with electrical tape. You are set to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.