Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hearing impaired driver needs recommendations for quiet riding tires 205/50R17. I do minimal winter driving.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All-Season Plus II tires I have on my car are hands down the quietest tires I've ever had on a car, and they now have over 30,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Interesting review; unfortunately I need to take issue with it. Why? I've had no less than four of those tires on my cars, and while they are all truly quiet when new, each of them has aged to the point where after as little as 10,000 miles, the tire noise on a drive longer than 20 minutes has been head-ache worthy. The reason why I love my Pirelli Cinturato P7s so much is they cured the tire wear issue, and by that I mean, even after 30,000 miles, my tires are still as quiet as they were when new.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
113 Posts
Interesting review; unfortunately I need to take issue with it. Why? I've had no less than four of those tires on my cars, and while they are all truly quiet when new, each of them has aged to the point where after as little as 10,000 miles, the tire noise on a drive longer than 20 minutes has been head-ache worthy. The reason why I love my Pirelli Cinturato P7s so much is they cured the tire wear issue, and by that I mean, even after 30,000 miles, my tires are still as quiet as they were when new.
There is a give and take.
You want quiet and high mileage... but grip/wet grip/traction can suffer.
As for Nonprofit even the quietest tire may not be quiet on different road surfaces even though same road material.
I take a different approach ... loud exhaust notes is my stereo and i dont hear my tires. :p

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
The point is, the OP asked about quiet tires, with that as the metric, who cares about high grip tires which wear poorly and make a lot of noise?

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
113 Posts
The point is, the OP asked about quiet tires, with that as the metric, who cares about high grip tires which wear poorly and make a lot of noise?
Message was for you... about giving something up for quiet tires..
I understand OP is hearing impaired and wants quiet tires.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Like it or don't, believe it or not, the Pirelli's have all the grip, wet traction, snow traction I will ever need, and yes, I drive aggressively.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
113 Posts
Like it or don't, believe it or not, the Pirelli's have all the grip, wet traction, snow traction I will ever need, and yes, I drive aggressively.
cool !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Michelin Primacy MXV4 might be the best option. Feel free to read a couple of reviews on the internet to find out more about this tire.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Michelin Primacy MXV4 might be the best option. Feel free to read a couple of reviews on the internet to find out more about this tire.
I've had both MXV4s and the Cinturato P7s, and the Pirellis are much quieter after 10,000 miles compared to the Michelins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts