Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Ford no longer offers the X-Plan for Mazda due to its sale of Mazda stake in December 2008.

Where can I get a Mazda S-Plan PIN? Is anyone offering them? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
171 Posts
I asked my local dealer about it and he said they still honored the s-plan. You should be able to use the same PIN. Ford still owns ~13% (?) of Mazda.

Local sales guy might be full of crap, but that's what he told me.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=136190.msg2950318#msg2950318 date=1235158479]
Ford no longer provides S plan pins for Mazdas. I am 100% positive on this.
[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the process of purchasing a 3 from a local Mazda dealer, and thus far they've been amenable to honoring S-Plan pricing. (My dad is a retiree of Ford, so I'm eligible for X-Plan or Z-Plan there.) I haven't actually provided the PIN yet, though. Once I complete the transaction, I'll report back.

Meanwhile, I did find some corroborating evidence that this plan is available as of 4/2, although it appears to have been unavailable as of 3/18.

* fordpartner.com > Vehicles & Pricing -- Below the Mazda logo on that page, it says, "Mazda vehicles continue to be available under Mazda's S-Plan." Then there's a link to https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/mazda_fordpartner.pdf

* fordpartner.com > Plan Rules -- Under 4. PRODUCTS ... Ineligible products, is a link to https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/IneligibleProducts.pdf

Both PDFs say they were updated April 2, 2009, and include the text, "Persons formerly eligible for Mazda purchase plans continue to be eligible and can find Mazda purchase plan information at www.mazdausa.com/splan."

* Google's cached HTML version of the latter PDF can be seen at http://preview.tinyurl.com/ineligible-20090318 **

This version says it was updated March 18, 2009, and includes the text, "Mazda products are no longer eligible for X-Plan Partner Recognition."

** This URL was excessively long, thus tinyurl. Links to preview.tinyurl.com, go to an interstitial page where you can see the full URL and choose if you want to go there. I'm aiming for legibility, not obfuscation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my car.

I did get a copy of the dealer's invoice, which has two rows showing EPLAN and SPLAN pricing at the bottom. He did ask for my S-Plan PIN.

So, I'm pretty sure Ford still has an S-Plan deal with Mazda. Or moreover, that they do again, even if they didn't for awhile.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
you have to go to www.mazdausa.com/splan

and enter the S Plan partipant info and then it will give you your pin.

My brother in law had the same problem with ford - they were clueless! LOL

I bought my car this past weekend at a great price with the S Plan and the rebates and the manufacturer to dealer incentives (which they otherwise would not disclose to you)!

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote author=lonerpls link=topic=136190.msg3106851#msg3106851 date=1241632845]
I bought my car this past weekend at a great price with the S Plan and the rebates and the manufacturer to dealer incentives (which they otherwise would not disclose to you)!
[/quote]

What did you buy and how good of a deal did you get? I'll be purchasing w/ SPlan soon. BTW, nice to see a fellow Clevelander on here. I'm actually in S Carolina now, but grew up in Amherst.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have access to the S-plan, so you can subtract manufacturer to dealer incentives from the s-plan price? How would i go about finding what these incentives are.

There isnt a way to see s-plan prices online is there? I know with my ford and gm plans I can.

Thanks
[quote author=M3_4_me link=topic=136190.msg3200584#msg3200584 date=1246133603]
[quote author=lonerpls link=topic=136190.msg3106851#msg3106851 date=1241632845]
[/quote]

What did you buy and how good of a deal did you get? I'll be purchasing w/ SPlan soon. BTW, nice to see a fellow Clevelander on here. I'm actually in S Carolina now, but grew up in Amherst.
[/quote]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts