Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was installing my Rear MM from Medieval.

I forgot which bolt goes into the bushing hole.

Is it this 17 mm bolt that goes into the bushing?
Notice the unthreaded end. Or is this the bolt that connected the engine to the stock motormount?
I installed the 17mm bolt that had the thread all the way to the end of the bolt accompanied with some red threadlocker.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure?  I was reading another install and this was the bolt I used, and I'm pretty sure the installer used the same bolt

Threads from the beginning of the bolt.

The same person who did the write up said this implying that you don't need the stock mount or that bolt I previously asked about:
"Pull that last bolt out and you are now free of the trappings of your old motor mount."

EDIT:::
Found another picture.  This time of the stock rear mount in place. Take out super large gap between speed and forums
http://www.mazdaspeed                                          forums.org/forum/attachments/mazdaspeed-3-engine-transmission-driveline/306d1231043993t-where-front-jack-point-these-pictures-img_0690.jpg

Normally I'd have my mind set on the bolt I used, but since you chimed in Darkstar I'm not to sure if I wanna believe those pics or if I Should believe you.  I did get my mount from you.  hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts