Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has verified yet but the new 3 most likely continues using the 6x8" midbass size in all 4 doors. So, those will fit with an adapter but not directly.

I believe both Metra and Scoshe make 6x8" -> 6.5" adapters for around $5-10 each, or it'd be pretty easy to make your own. If you don't want to bother making them, just call Cruthfield and they'd be able to help ensure you get the right adapters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=139757.msg3012065#msg3012065 date=1237837777]
I'm not sure if anyone has verified yet but the new 3 most likely continues using the 6x8" midbass size in all 4 doors. So, those will fit with an adapter but not directly.

I believe both Metra and Scoshe make 6x8" -> 6.5" adapters for around $5-10 each, or it'd be pretty easy to make your own. If you don't want to bother making them, just call Cruthfield and they'd be able to help ensure you get the right adapters.
[/quote]

Okay, so I just found out that they do use 6x8's and was told from a woman at crutchfield that there are no adapters for those speakers i posted...is this possible??

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Some companies (like Pioneer) supply their own 6x8 / 6x9 adapters for a lot of their 6.5" speakers. Alpine must not, and that's what she's trying to look up. However, a generic adapter should still work just fine. Those speakers say they'll fit in a standard 6.5" opening, so there's no reason why they wouldn't fit.

The tweeters, however, may not fit in the stock hidden location. You may have to do some creative installation there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts