Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been trying to figure this question out for sometime. I figured I would ask the experts here, who have way more experience then I do with wheels and tires. I am looking to purchase an aftermarket set of wheels and tires. My question...what do I do with the TPMS? I assumed I would have to buy the TPMS with the wheels and tires, adding an extra $200 onto the price from sites like Discounttire.com and Tirerack.com. But, I figured there has to be a way around it, where I can shop around other sites. I know you have to demount the wheels from the tires to take the TPMS off. It just seems like a lot of hassle to order the wheels unmounted so you can put the TPMS in and then get them mounted (also leaving the way for the wheels to be scratched etc by the mechanics doing it). I was just wondering how you guys got around the TPMS conundrum, and still got them installed in your new wheels, either through somewhere or transferring them from the current wheels. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Or you could go without them, and deal with the light on the dash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts