Mazda3 Forums banner

Need help on rear coil springs

937 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  crn33 
#1 ·
My rear coil springs on my 2011 Mazdaspeed3 broke and I ordered MOOG 81693. The mechanic says they are longer than the stock ones. Rock Auto lists the alternate part number for them as BBN628011D. I called Mazda and they gave me BBN628011D as well.

Finally, my mechanic asked around and found out that the stock springs are indeed specific. It seems that most websites offer BBN628011D but those aren't actually Speed3 springs, just normal Mazda3. It seems the ONLY option is to buy them from Mazda for $300.

So... it looks like I either put in the ones I bought but the car will sit about an inch higher in the rear, or I spend $300.

Any thoughts on if all of this is accurate, as well as advice? I don't care if I lose a tiny bit of handling, I don't race the car and spend more time with my daughter in the back seat than not. Will I care if the car sits higher by an inch? Are there any other side effects I should be concerned about? Someone on Reddit suggested using these could damage the bushings or other parts of the suspension?

I'd prefer not to spend $300 (on top of $1000 of the rest of the repairs I need) unless I really need to right now.

Thoughts? Clarifications? Advice?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.