Mazda3 Forums banner

I JUST GOT MY MS3 AND CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO FIRST.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just leave it stock. What's the point of buying a limited edition type of car and then changing everything so it is nothing more than a standard car with a turbo and body kit. The car is great as is, it's not like the performance or handling are lacking.

I guess the more people that modify their MS3, the more rare mine will be. As you were.

8)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Drive it and have fun (safely)!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
imma bout to get a speed3...first thing id get would be a blow off valve...i dont really wanna go performance buh a cool "ppsshh" to let everyone know i got a speed3....and maybe later an intake to make that turbo spool a little louder...buh thats just me

·
Registered
8 Posts
You might want to check out the link below before you invest in an after market BOV. You will wind up runnig very rich every time the throttle is closed and the BOV pops. Reducing your gas mileage and especially bad, washing down the cylinder walls with raw gas that is not being burned. There is a reason the factory BOV is hooked back into the air stream intake after the MAF sensor. This allows the spooled up turbo that is still blowing lots of pressurized air to feed back into itself and not make the MAF sensor report high air flow to the computer and thereby inject fuel into the cylinders. By venting to the outside you force the turbo that is still demanding large volumes of air to suck that air from the air intake through the MAF sending a signal to the computer to keep pouring in gas, instead of recirculating the air as the designers intended. It may sound cool, but I wonder what you are doing to the life of your engine.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=76097.0

Check this out explains a lot about the complicated engineering of a turbo computer controlled engine system.

PLEASE CONTINUE READING FOR A GREAT WRITE-UP ON THE FUNCTIONS/IMPORTANCE OF A BOV/BPV WRITTEN BY ROTUS8 near the end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote author=iichiko_xx link=topic=70196.msg1225221#msg1225221 date=1172185507]
I NEED SOME HELP ON MY MS3. ITS ALL BRAND NEW. AND I NEED SOME IDEAS TO WHAT I CAN DO WITH IT.
[/quote]

Get some new wheels. It will make it stand out, and not void you precious warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would be very carefull with upgrades. If you are in California make sure anything you do is C.A.R.B. legal. The cops have started carrying digital cameras and taking pictures of the upgrades so they can prove that the parts that went to the state ref are the same parts that were on the car when you got pulled over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Forget the Blow-off valve. That's really only for use in racing/high-boost applications (and usually where you've replaced the stock turbo w/ a larger, higher-flowing turbo). I have a 2008 MS3 and all I did was replace the stock intake w/ a CP-E Short Ram Intake. It lessens intake restriction, gives off a wicked sound when inhaling air, and likely provides a few extra ponies -- all for not much $. It did not set off any check engine lights or cause any such problems and was easily installed by me in about an hour. If you have cash to burn, a better-flowing downpipe, full exhaust system, and a larger aftermarket intercooler would yield a few more hp, but for the $, it's not really needed. The car hauls ass as-is. Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts