Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Hey! And welcome!

1. Please add your city, province to your profile. This way we can give you more "personalized" info if you intend n buying the 3.

2. The RSX will cost an arm and a leg and still only give you steel wheels on the base trim. If you can afford the Type S RSX you better look at the Mazda6 I4 GT. Contrary to what most ppl think the 6 is a car that can run with cars that look sporty. It pulls nice Gs on a skidpad and has amazing brakes.

3. As for the Lancer, I don't know. I'm a VERY satisfied Protege driver - it beat the Civic, Sentra, Corolla and all domestics in FUN TO DRIVE, quality of the interior, features/$ and styling. I can say the same about the 3. Take a look at mazda.ca - the car is well-equipped and competitive and got good reviews in Europe (those guys are harsh on Japanese cars)

I'll continue later (I'm at work now).

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I did mention it - you just quoted me on it. I don't care for NAV and HIDs one bit. SAB/SAC yes, but the other 2 are just useless gimmicks.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I just don't want HIDs and NAV - useless options IMO. HIDs are no better that well-designed halogens. CR tested many cars w/HIDs and halogens and the P5's halogens were #1 - better than HIDs.

And they cost a ton of $$$ too and blind other drivers.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
eipromb said:
I'm looking for a new car as well so here's what I found during my test drives:
RSX:
I never tried (car seems too small for my needs)

-Too pricey!

Matrix XR 1.8L 130HP:
pros: roomy, nice dash board
cons: suspension stiff - harsh ride (maybe preferable to some), engine loud, lacks power, ugly exterior

-Inferior to the 3/Protege in terms of driving fun

Corolla CE 1.8L 130HP:
pros: sits high - good view, nice exterior, fairly smooth ride
cons: acceleration and brake pedals touchy, lacks power but feels more powerful than the heavier Matrix.

-I drove one many times. Hate it. Weird sitting position, tippy in corners, not something I could live with

Lancer OZ 2.0L 120HP:
pros: nice looks (except front grill), fairly smooth ride
cons: no power at all, abit small for me (test vehical with moonroof - lower clearance).

-Get a 2003 Protege over this one.

My bottom line: Drive a 3. You'll likely find out what smiles/miles means, like I did with my Protege

1 - 6 of 6 Posts