Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to purchase some new wheels before summer and i'm trying to narrow down my choices.
I've got a CWP MS3 and i wanna go bronze

I like these Enkei FLC-01:

what experiences have you had with Enkei? any pros/cons?

I also like these 5Zigen ZR+:

same questions about 5zigen

Any other suggestions?
Brands?

here's my criteria:
I want bronze
I prefer to spend less than $850
and i want something other than Rota if possible, because i see them all the time

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Re: Need help deciding...

5Zigen...end of story.

Everyone has Enkei's and Rota's are just knock offs (however I have Rota's and love them).

Those 5Zigens are the ones I almost went with and regret not getting them.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts

:drool: 

I believe you know what my choice is.

Edit: you need to bring back the fat "african american" kid avatar.

·
Registered
872 Posts

where are you finding the 5Zigens for less than 850?

Either way, those would be my pick.

·
Registered
470 Posts

I say go for the 5Z's because I have a CWP sedan and am getting the FLC's soon, in black. Wouldn't it just be awkward if the extremely improbable happened and we were in the same place and had the same rims?

I like the Enkeis just off price too.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=137990.msg2974847#msg2974847 date=1236147222]
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/wheels/5zigen/size/viewProductDetail.do?pc=46837

close to 850, and now theres a $50 instant rebate.
[/quote]

thanks for the input.
i was leaning towards the 5zigen.
and yeah with the rebate and free shipping that puts them at about $867, but they do say special order so i'm not sure what that means in terms of a time frame for getting them. i'll call and see

[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=137990.msg2974790#msg2974790 date=1236144558]
:drool:

I believe you know what my choice is.

Edit: you need to bring back the fat "african american" kid avatar.
[/quote]

and just for you dude. he's back and hungrier than ever

·
Registered
36,001 Posts

lmao.. greatest avy ever. Mine were "special order" when I ordered from there also, and I got a call about 5 minutes after I ordered saying that they had them in stock in Ohio and they were going to upgrade my tires for free so I could get them faster. Maybe I got lucky... who knows.. but discount tire is the shit.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

nice. i'll doubt i'll be ordering for another month or so though, unless i can come up with a good reason for my wife.

what's the offset i should go for? stock is around 53, right?

·
Registered
358 Posts

I'll buck the trend and say the Enkeis... the 5Zigen look boring, actually close to a Rota :lol: and I even like Rotas!

·
Registered
36,001 Posts

^ that hurts.. not much, but it hurts. I prefer "simple" and simple > gaudy anyday.

slowhat, mine are 18x7.5 +47. I've always been tempted to go with 18x8.5 +47, but that would probably rub and thats just a hassle I dont want to deal with. Plus, the 8.5s are more expensive ;). Tell your wife that you're going to order them anyway, and now you can save $50 where as later, you wont.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=137990.msg2975487#msg2975487 date=1236187979]
^ that hurts.. not much, but it hurts. I prefer "simple" and simple > gaudy anyday.

slowhat, mine are 18x7.5 +47. I've always been tempted to go with 18x8.5 +47, but that would probably rub and thats just a hassle I dont want to deal with. Plus, the 8.5s are more expensive ;). Tell your wife that you're going to order them anyway, and now you can save $50 where as later, you wont.
[/quote]

here's where i'm having the problem deciding...I think i like the wheels equally based on looks. as much as i like the idea of 5zigen's, i would be saving 200 bones that could be used for lugs and mounting/balancing.

aside from enkei being common, are there and drawbacks with them? quality, etc?
being indecisive sucks

·
Registered
16,618 Posts

Don't let $200 stand in your way of rims if they're what you really want. Once you have them on and a month or so down the road you'll forget all about it.

However, not getting what you want because of $200 will stay with you much longer.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts

I dont think there are any drawbacks from Enkeis.  Their RP series wheels are of extremely good quality.  $200 is a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, its not that much.

I think you ultimately need to make a choice on whether you want 5 or 6 split spokes.  Also, you need to determine what kind of bronze you want.  The Enkeis are more towards the gold side, whereas the 5zigens are more of a traditional bronze.

EDIT: dan... speaking from experience?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts

[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=137990.msg2975615#msg2975615 date=1236191055]
EDIT: dan... speaking from experience?
[/quote]

Yes! I love my Rota's for what they are so I'm happy with them. My 1st set of rims were Motegi's. I went cheaper then I did with my Rota's and it was a mistake. I sold them after less than a year.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

it's not totally about the money. I mean, it'd be nice to have it for other things, but i do want to get the rims i feel will look best.
and i do prefer the doo-doo brown sort of bronze of the 5zigen's. don't want them to look gold, so the enkei's might be out. (they look darker on my crappy work PC monitor)

here's the kicker....i'll have to wait a while anyway now...
wife's gotta get wisdom teeth out, and my dental insurance is a fuck nut so we have to take care of a good chunk of the bill.

unless she'll let me cut em out for her, i'm gonna have to be mature and not overextend the ole checkbook for now.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=137990.msg2975720#msg2975720 date=1236193351]
maturity ftl. :lol:
[/quote]

i know, right?

fuckin wisdom teeth bastards :x

1 - 20 of 63 Posts