Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. now that i have the sub and amp... i need to get front component sets. I have a few choices but can't make my mind up yet.. which one should i go for? It's all 6.5 inch component sets.

1.Alpine Type r (176SPR)
2.Infinity Kappa series Component set
3.MB Quarts
4.JBL power series P650c
5.JL Audio VR series

plz recommend me the speakers~~ but.. plz recommand it on your experience.

thx

·
Registered
303 Posts
All depends on what kind of money you are looking to spend and what kind of quality you are looking for. The MB Quarts are a in a little higher class of speakers depending on which series you are tlaking about there :). As a personal reccomendation I would say the Alpines or the Kappas, although I would have to say the Kappas over all since they are more than comparable to the Alpines and can be had for cheaper :).

- Phil Rogers

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Definately Kappas. The Alpine stuff sucks, imo. They should keep making headunits and stop on their amps, speakers and subs. I havent been impressed by them at all. Of course we dont carry the Type X series so I can judge those.

MB Quarts have always been too bright and not enough midbass. Even their Q series fails my loud tests.

The JL VRs arent too bad, but they are pricey.

·
Registered
386 Posts
the alpine type X is superior than the Kappa's IMO ...especially the spx 17M...the tweeter is made by scan speak one of the very respectfull high end speaker company and the woofer is using the Vifa XT ..the highest line of vifa ..also the same parent company as the scan speak .

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/452753/11

IMO...it depends how much you're willing to spend to get the perfect components...and the best way is to hear the comp by yourself...one person taste is different than another .

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
mht_v10 said:
the alpine type X is superior than the Kappa's IMO ...especially the spx 17M...the tweeter is made by scan speak one of the very respectfull high end speaker company and the woofer is using the Vifa XT ..the highest line of vifa ..also the same parent company as the scan speak .

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/452753/11

IMO...it depends how much you're willing to spend to get the perfect components...and the best way is to hear the comp by yourself...one person taste is different than another .
Car audio is all about money. You get what you pay for. If you shelled out $1200 for the Focal Utopias, you will definately hear a clarity difference.

The Alpine X's are out of Kappas league. Our company compares the Kappas to the Type R's. And even then, the Kappas sound much cleaner. Like I said, we dont carry the Type X so I cant say how they sound. I know for sure, Focal K2 Power components will eat them up.

vB

·
Registered
386 Posts
I agree with Vaboom about the Car audio is all about money, and the component he mentioned before is one of the best component available in the market...but like I mentioned before one person taste is different than another so the best is ...keep listening around ..the more you listen the more you hear the difference ....

and IMO ...the focal and alpine has a very different sound ...one is more " frontal " and the other is more laid back...

and dont take me wrong , I don't mean to argue with anyone in this forum , it just my opinion base on my experience playing around with audio. :D

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Definately. Different taste in how you want your music to be displayed. I totally agree Focals are much more vocalized, very soundstaged. They reproduce music in a whole different way, which makes them world reknowned.

As for the Alpines, they are more surrounding, not really focused. They dont build a soundstage or high imaging, which is great for non-instramental music.

vB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.