Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas, just received my Turbo XS hybrid blow off valve from lestat (thanks again man) and he only included 2 washers. I put it on the car and when I free rev it while the car is just sitting, it flutters under 4k rpm, but when I floor it and let off it makes the nice orgasmic psssssssst. Sounds amazing. BUTTTT....I take the car down the road for a spin and what do I hear? Nothing but flutter and compressor surge. No psst at all, just flutter no matter what rpm I let off the gas in it...whether 3k or 6k. Anyone know what this is happening? Do I need to add 2 washers to it and go to 4 washers total? Would this get rid of the extreme amounts of flutter? I know under normal operation and normal shifting, at low rpms, it is supposed to flutter because its recirculating. But when WOT and letting off, it should make the distinct psst. Please help guys!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I currently have the same BOV with only 2 washers and it works fine. Try unscrewing the top and make sure the spring is sitting correctly on the washers and there's no kinks or anything in the vaccum hose. Adding more washers will only make the problem worse since it will take more pressure to make the valve release open.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok bumpin this...i posted on the other forum and guys suggest I need to lube up the piston on it (i bought it used). I did that and its performing better. However, I had my dad get in and rev it up with different washer settings. Did 4, and there was more flutter and then did 2, less flutter, but still there. It is not making that distinct PSSST noise when it blows off. I watched the piston when he revved it up, and it would blow off and then the piston would look kinda like it bounced up and down or fluttered up and down. So then I tried it with 1 washer, and this time, when he let off, the piston stayed open for a split second and actually made the psst noise. But aren't I supposed to be running more than 1 washer for good performance? Where is the problem here? This is bothering me cause everyone i've talked to is doing between 2 and 4, and with both setups, i get alot of flutter. I don't understand why the piston opens to blow off but bounces/fluctuates up and down causing the fluttering noise. Anyone please help me!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts