Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
well it's just a rod of metal back there... and we don't know if you're also sprucing up the other suspension components

20mm is the OEM size, so anything that's thicker is better, i guess???

eBay or Amazon if you just want to browse around with the brands along with youtube experiences of various car owners should help you decide.

but, i like grendel's avatar, so here's one that's in the middle of the thickness bar arena

what i liked about that one is the billet aluminum brackets that includes grease/zerk fittings on them.

if you're getting no-name brands that are just thicker than stock, i suggest using silicone paste at the bushings if the competition doesnt have these fancy mounts with included grease fittings

eh, price is meh, for a bar ~ guess inflation is everywhere

but, yea but this is just my son's point A to B commuter/daily

Registered
20mm is the OEM size, so anything that's thicker is better, i guess???i
Good information on the stock diameter but remember the Mazda is a solid bar. It is the better way to compare performance bars to the percentage of increase over the sock. Some companies like Eback use primarily sold bars while Cork Sport and Racing Beat use tube bars. In this example all 3 use the percentage increase to compare any of their applications. And yes, I like Cork Sport currently because it fit what I was looking for. But have also run an Ebach and a RB on my Mazda. It all what you are trying to accomplish and balance the handling for the type of driving you are going to be doing your level of driving experience and capability as well.
As an example, the CorkSport coil springs would lower my Mazda to much and also, I don't need the spring lb rating where the RB springs are perfect for lb rating and installed ride hieght. .
I do DATA logging with road tests both on a 200 foot skid pad as well a fun day at Laguna Seca or aka MAZDA Raceway which is very close to where I live. This gives me a real world evaluation if I am improving the handling or simply making a stiffer overall ride that hits the brain making one think its improving. Hahaha!

Registered
oooh, good point with solid vs hollow bars.

yikes, with that price point i thought it was a solid 25mm bar
If refereeing to the Cork Sport Bar yes, it is a tube bar, and the lowest setting is enough to increase the lateral stability that you actually need to re-learn how to steer fast in a turn. The higher setting is not for a novice driver with all season tires and really needs other suspension components upgrades to fully take advantage of the sway bar. Installation a higher percentage front sway bar in most cases is not necessary and unwise on a street driven car used mostly as a daily driver. That is unless the drive is experienced with a performance driving school training class or lots of road track time. Seriously!

Registered
If refereeing to the Cork Sport Bar yes, it is a tube bar, and the lowest setting is enough to increase the lateral stability that you actually need to re-learn how to steer fast in a turn. The higher setting is not for a novice driver with all season tires and really needs other suspension components upgrades to fully take advantage of the sway bar. Installation a higher percentage front sway bar in most cases is not necessary and unwise on a street driven car used mostly as a daily driver. That is unless the drive is experienced with a performance driving school training class or lots of road track time. Seriously!
I should ad that the easiest of the 3 bars talked about the Ebach is by far the easiest installation with no challenges. The RB and CS do require some patients and a little more DIY experience installing aftermarket parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts