Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yiu have Auto Dim miror installed in your Mazda3? Where you get it and how to install it? Sorry for repeat question :D. Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Another option is to get your car tinted. Tint will naturally reduce the glare and it'll make your car look much nicer and probably can get yout tints done at around the same cost of the auto dimming mirror.

I mention this because Ialso wanted an auto dimming mirror but after I got my tints done, I have no use for an auto dimming mirror. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
172 Posts
how's the view out of those auto dim mirrors? i've sat in an 07 gt with the auto dim mirrors and everything looks so small out the back =/

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've got an outdim mirror, it isn't that great -- It dims a tad, but then when the car disapears it stays dark and doesn't undim for quite a bit. Although the compass on it is very helpful.

-- Overall I miss my 86 volvo where I could just pop the tab and dim it whenever I wanted, Oh well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've also had the auto dimming mirrors on a few of my previous cars and they all required the compass to be reprogrammed every 6 months or so since it slowly becomes inaccurate over time due to the magnetic fields that are induced by all the wiring around the compass. The magnetic fields are pretty weak, but the compass is sensitive that them nontheless.

A few of my friends had this option installed on their 3 (dealer installed) and they are seeing the same thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have a mirror with just the compass? I don't really want the auto dimming feature because my windows are tinted and is fine at night. But I really want the compass.

·
Registered
256 Posts
[quote author=redrader26 link=topic=70025.msg1255253#msg1255253 date=1173316960]
Does anyone have a mirror with just the compass? I don't really want the auto dimming feature because my windows are tinted and is fine at night. But I really want the compass.
[/quote]

Bell automotive has some cool compasses you can put in your car ... including this on that clips onto your rear view:

http://www.bellautomotive.com/asp/product_details.asp?id=24159

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote author=redrader26 link=topic=70025.msg1255253#msg1255253 date=1173316960]
[/quote]

bump for the same request.

the bell just looks too.. mechanical? and too much stuff for a simple display.

·
Registered
420 Posts
[quote author=theblotted link=topic=70025.msg2140277#msg2140277 date=1205221727]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You could buy the auto dim mirror and just turn off the auto dim part. I THINK the compass stays on when you turn off the dimming, but I'll check next time I'm in my car.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=adamsch link=topic=70025.msg2140866#msg2140866 date=1205251466]
[quote author=theblotted link=topic=70025.msg2140277#msg2140277 date=1205221727]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You could buy the auto dim mirror and just turn off the auto dim part. I THINK the compass stays on when you turn off the dimming, but I'll check next time I'm in my car.
[/quote]

It does. I have a peice of electrical tape over the sensor. I can't see a think when it dims as I have 20% tint. The compass works fine and I love the homelink feature.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the autodimmer mirror and compass / Temp and garage door opener. I love it, It took about an hour to install. My windows are not tinted yet. But you can turn off auto dimmer and temp and compass. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts