Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday, I was cut off by someone who pulled into my lane, I decided that instead of ruining my 3, I decided to hit the curb at 20 miles and hour. I had the CD player running and it skipped as a result of the impact. I was cringing the entire time after I hit the curb. The visual damge was minimal, a shaving out of the tire, about 3mm deep and a small chunk from the alloy wheel. The pattern where the chunk came off indicates I shaved the curb.
Fearing the worst (steering, suspension) I stopped in the parking lot and checked for visible damage (as specified above).
Then I got back in the car and played with steering, did some weaving and various other turns, there was no noise or vibration. I was also concerned about alignment, so I lined up on some lines, gave it some gas set the wheel straight and let her fly. Everything seems normal (besides a slight pull to the left for crowning of roads). Steering seems normal and relatively undamaged.
Now that I have an amateur opinion on the steering, I was wondering if I should take into the dealer for him to have a look. Opinions/Suggestions? Help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that's what I fiqured. Honestly I'm suprised nothing more noticable happened to the car. Our 3's are tanks!

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Yes they take punishment pretty well. Good Luck let us know what if any damages your 3 has.......................... Clue

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
why didnt u just break?

was it a single lane road?

i see ppl do that all day long in florida.

oh well that sucks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew didn't I had enough time, single lane, was narrow to begin with. He just popped out like 25 ft from me, i trying to squeeze thru but i couldnt make it, believe me though I WAS Applying the brake the entire time, but I couldnt too hard, i had someone else right on my rear. I'm taking it in on Wednesday, I'm gunna need new tires, but I already needed a new set of those.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
i dont know man
i would have rather hit him
so is insurance could pay for the damage .

but u ok, its only material damage, so its fine (sort off)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, if nothing is wrong, I believe I chose the right path. I am at school at the moment (away from home) dealing with the insurance company would have been a pain. Plus it was instinct to not hit him, I want to go home for Spring Break on Friday, not wait around at school while the car is fixed from hitting someone @ 20 head on.

I'm taking the car to the local dealership on Wednesday I'll let you know if any damages occurred.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts