Mazda3 Forums banner

Need Advice On My 1991 Mazda RX-7 GXL

13K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tbmajikal 
#1 ·
I just puchased a 1991 Mazda Rx-7 GXL not very long ago, I also have a 86 Mazda Rx-7 that I'm using for parts. When I first got my 91, It was able to start up after a while since it had been sitting for adleast 3 months or so, When it started up It was blowing a large amount of white smoke, which indicated to me that the coolant seals are blown, I'm looking to make this car my project car but I'm wanting to get it running before summer ends, I have some other stuff to do to it besides the engine but that it nothing that is a problem to me, I'v looked everywhere on a manual for my engine, and I couldn't seem to find one. I need some help to me find a manual for my engine or share your opinion on where I should go from here, I was thinking about re-building my engine or buying a complete re-build kit for it, but I haven't managed to come across a price and such, I was also thinking about putting a single, or a twin turbo in it but I have no idea where to look anymore, If you could please give me your advice on what you think I should do, that would mean very much to me, and I'd thank you and hopefully deal with you with everything I need to buy to complete it.

Thanks all,
Tyler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.