Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I just bought a 2007 Mazda 3 s Touring with the Moonroof/IN DASH 6 CD changer option in True Red. WOOOHOOO!

My previous car was a 2002 Protege DX...very reliable car.

Anyhoo I have an iPOD and am considering purchasing the integration module for my 2007 Mazda 3, however, it seems kind of lame to me to call it an integration module when you can't really see or navigate through your iPOD's artists and playlists. Am I correct that this is the case?

And for those of you that have this module, how much of a pain in the butt is it to navigate without this capability?

Here's the real conundrum part:

I have a Pioneer Premiere 780MP aftermarket stereo(that kicks major ass btw)and has a "real" integration module where the stereo's display allows me to navigate my ipod showing artist name, playlist name, song title etc etc..

I am considering replacing the stock Mazda stereo with this one, however, if I do this I will then lose steering wheel audio controls.

If you had the choice, what would you do, keeping in mind that the Pioneer Premier without a doubt, will also sound better than the stock stereo?

Should I buy the Mazda integration module and keep steering wheel audio control, or replace the Stock stereo, gaining full iPOD control, but losing steering wheel audio fucntions?

·
Registered
892 Posts
There is a way to maintain your steering wheel controls with aftermarket headunits; it's a unit that intercepts the steering wheel control signal and relays it to your head unit. However, I understand that they introduce a significant delay, so many feel they aren't worth the time or $$.

The name of this system eludes me, but if you search you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=MZ3FRS link=topic=69671.msg1211920#msg1211920 date=1171645033]
There is a way to maintain your steering wheel controls with aftermarket headunits; it's a unit that intercepts the steering wheel control signal and relays it to your head unit. However, I understand that they introduce a significant delay, so many feel they aren't worth the time or $$.

The name of this system eludes me, but if you search you should be able to find it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I have located what I was looking for

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Steering Wheel Interface

The SWI-PS should work for me...and I think that there won't be a delay here because it's not an rf transmitter...it's a direct connect.

Next question....So I noticed that my Mazda 3 audio display also displays the time and ambient temperature...will I lose this too when I install aftermarket stereo? Will I lose that entire display?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=MZ3FRS link=topic=69671.msg1213243#msg1213243 date=1171680265]
Don't know if you ran across this yet:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=48724.0

As for the display, you can keep it with some effort:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=37499.0

HTH
[/quote]

Thanks for that as well. I actually found all of this last night....I can't believe how much of this stuff has been covered already and how much info there is on this site. For now I'll just shutup and do research before I ask any more questions. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts