Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to Southern Illinois University and have Illinois license plate, my parents live in Indiana. I have 15% all the way around. I got pulled over last night for the second time, and the officer told me that i have to take it off. And he will be looking for my car!

I dont really want to take the tint off... :( Should i switch my plates, got some kind of doctors note (sun sensitive) any other?

Please help me out!

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Go with the legal limit in your state (IL). If you choose not to go with the legal limit, be ready to face the consequences that come along with it.

What are the legal limits in your state?

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Well, you could try some of the ideas you mentioned, however if the cop already knows your car, I don't think much will help (unless he's calling your bluff) you.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
You might be able to get a doctor's note for sometint, but I doubt they would authorize down to 15% tint with that. Your best bet would be to have the car registered in Indiana, though if it's garaged in Illinois and you live there (i.e. your permanent address is not your parent's house) then that's technically illegal. Otherwise like Fem said if you want to keep the tint bear in mind that you'll probably be getting tickets for it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You can't have front in IL but there is no limit for the rest.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
my brother lives in florida and has ohio registered plates. not exactly sure how. but he got pulled over in florida for 15% tint and the cop told him to peel it then the cop realized he had ohio plates and apologized and let him go. ohio limits are 50% front and whatever you want on the back. the cop could have gottan him if he went back to his car and looked up the legal limit in ohio but most of the time they wont even bother.

so my suggestion is to get the indiana plates

1 - 8 of 8 Posts