Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My valve cover gasket is leaking a little into the sparkplug areas. I am going to change the gasket I was going to order the new gasket from advance auto parts. Does anyone have any experience doing this on the mazda. Any advice would be great I have never removed a valve cover before.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yes it is simple just make sure you dont fold or creese? youre new gasket.its like 10-12 bolts for the MS3

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok cool never did it yet but im about to this week or next

·
Registered
171 Posts
If it's anything like a Miatas camcover gasket and there are 'humps' you may need a small blob of O2 sensor safe RTV in the corners where the humps and the flat parts meet. That and be careful to not over tighten the bolts.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Nice! I just keep seeing everywhere torque specs varies from video to video and im still not sure what tourqe spec to use what you think ?
I used this video as a guide when I replaced the valve cover gasket on my MZ3. Another hit/suggestion is to use Blue or event Green Locktite on the fasteners. Several of mine were barely finger tight when I removed them. I used the Blue, but Green is fine since it's for assembly purposes.

Reactions: Devo87
1 - 13 of 13 Posts