Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yes, according to MazdaUSA.com, it will have an optional navigation system in the center of the dashboard on top. It's also getting Xenon headlights. :)

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I wish that the 6 was getting them too. Looks like the MZ3 is going to be a nice replacement.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Replacement? Nah, the 6 is sticking around for a while, the 3 is the entry-level segment.

·
Registered
263 Posts
From my Mazda dealer, the Mazda3 Navigation system will be completly useless here, in Canada, because every road maps are drawn for U.S. states. There will be no, or extremly few roads for Canada. Then I will make my own!

-Frank

·
Registered
70 Posts
as far as the U.S. goes...Nav optional, as well as hid's. the hid's require the purchase of the abs/sab/sac package, and the nav requires the purchase of the abs/sab/sac and hid packages.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am curious about one thing. What is the likelihood of being able to purchase the nav separately, after I purchase the 3? I realize this is somewhat of a big thing to install (the tire-pressure monitor is also part of the package), and in most high-end cars it is directly built in. But in the 3 it looks like a modular install just like a new stereo would be.

I know it's wishful thinking, but do you think I could take the car in to a dealer to have the system put in or is this going to be a solely straight-from-factory installed package?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you would be able to have it installed. I worked for BMW and had ppl spend a lota $$$$ to have the Navi system put in. Most ppl go aftermarket for either cheaper pricing or better looking units with better screen options.

·
Registered
187 Posts
True, but the Mazda nav is design for the area above the console on the dash and is designed specifically for that hole. When you go aftermarket, you always sacrifice interior space and layout because the console has to be changed to accomodate new items that weren't designed specifically for it. I'm not even sure how the nav system will look on the 3 yet (it looks like it will fold away into that cubby hole), so I have no way to know if going aftermarket will be a better idea at this point. I'm keen on having it look like part of the console when not in use ... doubt I'll be able to do that easily by going aftermarket. :(

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
There have been some custom installs on the 6. They look pretty darn good. I've seen one that requires the door be permanantly up, and another which actually will slide up and down.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i dont know if i would want the nav system...but since it comes with those packages...we might end up having to get it anyways...bleh...i love love love love the fact that HID's are available...wooooo for an entry level car w0000t!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
i dont know if i would want the nav system...but since it comes with those packages...we might end up having to get it anyways...bleh...i love love love love the fact that HID's are available...wooooo for an entry level car w0000t!!!!
navigation doesn't "come" with any of those packages. it is a separate option in itself. however, the catch is that in order to get it, you must also get the two packages mentioned a couple posts up. it's a descending order of purchase...

1. abs/sab/sac package
2. xenon & tpms package
3. navigation system option

you must purchase in descending order (1-3). you can get (1) by itself. you can't get (2) without getting (1) as well...and you can't get (3) without getting (1) and (2) as well.

me personally...i will only be getting (1) and (2). i have no need for nav as i don't use it at all, so it would just be another stock electrical mess for me to work around.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
jay said:
funkyfreshmonke said:
navigation doesn't "come" with any of those packages. it is a separate option in itself. however, the catch is that in order to get it, you must also get the two packages mentioned a couple posts up. it's a descending order of purchase...

1. abs/sab/sac package
2. xenon & tpms package
3. navigation system option

you must purchase in descending order (1-3). you can get (1) by itself. you can't get (2) without getting (1) as well...and you can't get (3) without getting (1) and (2) as well.

me personally...i will only be getting (1) and (2). i have no need for nav as i don't use it at all, so it would just be another stock electrical mess for me to work around.
thanks jay! =)...yea i would want 1 and 2 as well...haha my gf is my navigation system LOL :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would definitely get options 1 and 2. The navigation is nice, but for $1700 I could think of something else I would rather do with that money. Besides, I already have GPS. I Use Mapopolis on my Dell Axim. I just hope there's an auxiliary input somewhere. Either that or I would just use a cassette adapter to plug it in for voice prompts.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Basta Driber said:
I would definitely get options 1 and 2. The navigation is nice, but for $1700 I could think of something else I would rather do with that money. Besides, I already have GPS. I Use Mapopolis on my Dell Axim. I just hope there's an auxiliary input somewhere. Either that or I would just use a cassette adapter to plug it in for voice prompts.
coool! hehee...hey ure in santa clarita? hahaa im in oxnard =p

·
Registered
984 Posts
I want navigation cuz it looks cool. :) Not that I ever get lost or anything, lol.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts