Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you push the "Enter" button for the nav, it's supposed to click and beep. Sometimes when I push it, it will click, but it won't beep. I usually have to push it harder for it to function. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I noticed it takes a while to exit from the warning screen-maybe it still has to 'boot up'. Then if I click too many times, it 'marks a point' wherever I was when I did the extra click. I really wish the enter button wasn't in the joystick - its hard to tell if I really pushed down, or just nudged it to the side. The beep is something you can turn off - I think the click is a mechanical sound, but I also noticed that it can 'click' but not take.

And what posessed them to label a button 'POS'????

My husband cracked up when he saw that...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Interesting, When I get my 3 I will have to test for this.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. Maybe something forced or a heavy object smashed the electronics inside.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That is strange, cuz mine works everytime i push it... yeah its true that it takes a while to click out of the warning screen, but besides that, the enter button works like a champ...

·
Registered
37 Posts
""""'POS"""""
That the 3 could be a taxi, press POS (Point of Sale) then a recipte w/ milage and cost prints out from the front air vent. must be so cool :p

mine NAV is in the same issue, the enter button is not sensitive enough.
i guess it's covered by the warranty right? is that what "bumper to bumper" warranty means? (sure, excluding brake pad etc).

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with our buttons, just that they should have used a more sensitive contact for it. Unless it stops working completely we just have to get the hang of it.

POS = piece of shit (its a technical term)

Then there is another button that says DIM, which is just an insult by itself. And what does the VOICE button do? It doesn't shut up the voice guidance!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the VOICE button repeats a driving direction in case you missed it the first time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts