Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got to spend about 20 minutes sitting in a 3 a few days ago [w/o any salesmen stopping by!] and noticed the huge/deep glovebox. Way cool. However, I was reading about the navigation system [which i want to get] on Mazda's w3 site, and it states:

"Easy to access in the glove compartment, the special DVD reader.."

Does this mean that on navigation-equipped 3's, that the glove box isn't so big? Does anyone here own a 3 with the Nav system installed? Is the glove box still deep?

Also, as it is DVD based, does that mean that it doubles as a DVD player for folks in the back/passenger seats?

TIA,

/vjl/ [proud owner of an '86 323 that will be hard to part w/ when i get a 3]

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to search for some pictures of a Nav-enabled glovebox here and see it for myself [no local dealers have a nav-enabled 3 in stock].

I am curious why viewing DVDs is illegal. In the US, as long as a player is directed to passengers, it is legal. In California, a new law was just passed that states only passengers in the back seat can use computers [i think it also covers those portible dvd players too].

I'm one of those folks that, when i used to own a cell phone, i would only use it in the car when the car was parked. I don't like distractions in the car while I'm driving. However, it would have been neat if the nav unit doubled as a dvd player.

Thanks again for the info...hope to see a nav-enabled 3 soon!

/vjl/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.