Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Don't believe anyone has seriously tried.

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk.

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Some advice.

1. Use a wide open throttle switch and rpm window switch.

2. Install a fuel pressure gauge and warning light.

Nitrous can work just fine as long as you exercise some common sense and safety. Keep us updated.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i plan on doing this as safely as possible. i do plan on using the WOT and window switch, as well as(even though its gonna look ricey as fuck) a push button, so i only activate it in the gears that i want as well as when and how long. right now i'm looking for some headers and someone that will tune our car, so that when i do use n2o, i can retard my timing a little

· Registered
8,662 Posts
If you have WOT and rpm switch, I'd leave out the push button. Wire the whole system to a toggle so you can shut it down when you don't want it, but automate as much as possible when you want it. Fewer opportunities for distraction that way.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am gonna have the activate switch as well, its just, i'm not always going to want nitrous whenever i'm at WOT. for instance, in first gear at WOT i'm barely keeping grip as it is, i couldnt imagine with n2o lol. oh and i dont really wanna go copper spark plugs because they'll rob power from my car on a normal basis, has anyone heard anything negative about iridium plugs?

· Registered
153 Posts
I had a 50 shot in mine for a short while .. I removed because I was worried about engine life .. I believe the 2.5 will take up to a 115shot but will have 80% of the engine life taken away. Nitrous express has a SIMPLE kit for any sport compact.

But yes it was extramly successful and omg the power was everything the n/a 3 was missing .. I managed to pull on a few novas and tons of t/c civics ..

I do not condone or encourage street racing so please don't go buy a huge bottle of nos and hurt your self or worse someone else. Nitrous is a serious tool and should only be used for all out racing .

But yeah I had my rpm window set up to spray in 2nd-5th at 1800rpm-5800 and never had any problems except for traction and the constant wtf you just sprayed nitrous in your daily driver guilt trip thing. I highly recommend and enrichment tank with 100-102 obtain gas that way you don't have to run the super high octane gas when not useing the nitrous .. But for sure use premium gas in the regular tank.. I didn't have the money for this buy I only used it for racing so I was fine with just siphoning most of my regular gas out and put a gallon of racing fuel in to optimize the nitrous ..

*** question *** Are you tuned? Or do you have the ability to get a tune before hand cuz a simple reflash or dyno tune will net you less power but you won't have to risk blowing the bottom end out of your engine. I ended up paying about 1200$ for the entire set up .. I installed it .. But for the same amount you can have a shop install an AEM F/I c and dyno tune your car and get tremendously better acceleration and top end power.. I wish I would have gone this way to begin with. I am currently saving to have to done .. Oh and a used nitrous kit that cost 1200$ is worth about 300 used btw ..

But yes you car will handle the 50 shot with no problem but for sure get a jacket for the bottle cuz if it gets hot for instance your 50shot just turned into a 75 and when playing with nitrous it's not if its when , when it comes to engine failure

· Registered
153 Posts
i am gonna have the activate switch as well, its just, i'm not always going to want nitrous whenever i'm at WOT. for instance, in first gear at WOT i'm barely keeping grip as it is, i couldnt imagine with n2o lol. oh and i dont really wanna go copper spark plugs because they'll rob power from my car on a normal basis, has anyone heard anything negative about iridium plugs?
You don't have to go copper.. I used an iridium and was fine. Call ngk's tech line and. They will set you up with some great plugs .. But just a warning the plugs were racing plugs and cost about 30$ each.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i appreciate all the info man. i've been looking up as much info as possible and you basically confirmed everything i was concerned about.

as for tunning i'm trying to get a hold of dynotunning but i havent heard anything from them after 3 emails or so

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.