Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many ppl in syd have/own/put a deposit on a mz3 or are looking at getting one???

Just wanna know how many mz3's there are gonna be in Sydney..

Dun want the mz3 becoming too common and become like the civic!!! :x :x :x

·
Registered
142 Posts
hi...not to pour cold water on you.....but I believe,very soon,the MZ3 will be like my 6,that you can see them everywhere you go:) But it's very ironic that,on one hand you would like more ppl to acknowledge the good thing on this car,but on the other,you would be very annoyed if you see them everywhere you go.That's why I think that is what the aftermarket mod is all about,so for the enthusiast like us,will try to make the car that little bit more unique than all the same cars out there :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True indeed...

Tho the aftermarket scene for the mz3 is basically non existant in OZ.
There isn't even a market in the US yet, dunno bout Japan, But its gonna take like a yearor more for it to reach us here down under.

:x :x :x

·
Registered
142 Posts
From the experience of the MZ6,I will say there should be something on offer within 6-9 months from now,but that will be only for chaps in the NA or other part of the globe.

But for us Aussies,probably will be a bit harder,but if one really likes to get hold of some really exotic parts,then there will always be something available over from Japan,but as usual,it will always be very expensive to ship it back to OZ :(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i know...

These are the cons of buying a new car..

lol...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ur mz3 was a "gift"??????

How lucky are you...

I'd be smiling to sleep every damn day!!!!

Now all your money car be spent on modding the car, or saving for the mods to arrive in Australia!!!!

You lucky bastard you!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
sorry not talking about the car.. im PAYING for that

talking about getting mods/stuff from japan - if you tag them as GIFT or COMERCIAL Purchace you dont pay the huge import taxes.

eg - sending a CAI over, my mate packages one up (JAPAN) and labels it as a GIFT sends over (ME) dont pay the taxes thus cheaper...

dude i would love it if my 3 was a gift...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh... coolies...

Thats pretty good to!!!

Make sure u holla round wen u do, i dun mind placing an order in to depending on the price.. :lol:

·
Registered
519 Posts
trip to japan is in order! :D

can mail back goodies to myself... and eat good squishi! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
308 Posts
IMO whilst a good car the mazda 6 in either shape doesn't look racey like the SP23 hatch and if I was looking in its class I'd have to go with the Honda Euro accord or the Subaru liberty.

The terrific thing about the SP23 hatch is it doesn't need any external mods, most of them will simply make it look "rice".

If you don't want to be one of many then you would go the SP23 as most sold will be the other models and you'll choose a colour other than the big selling silver, winning blue, etc.

Subtle enhancements to the exhaust, rom chip and stereo speakers are going to leave the vehicle pristine with real performance differences to non-modified brethren without it looking "rice". After all how many Porsche, Mercedes, etc, owners stick a whole lot of crass aftermarket accessories onto their vehicles.

By "ricing" the car up all your doing is lowering the status of Mazda's not enhancing it. I bought the hatch for its looks and I don't expect to have a better eye for detail than the design house expertise that Mazda spent millions on.

Generally people "rice" a car as its an older model and they don't have the finances to spend on a new model vehicle. So when your modifying a car take some time out to look at AMG mercedes, they retain the donor cars design equilibrium :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We were talking about a cold air intake...

Not ricing the car up.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Regarding the CAI, upon closer inspection of the engine bay I'm thinking it might be a tight fit to get a CAI in there. The filter box is in the back corner in front of the passenger and I can't see any way past the radiator into the section just behind the grill.

The other option could be a bonnet scoop but then it would really be a rice modification.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
steve-o : I agree that the engine bay is packed, but if the Japanese have designed one, there must be a way.

The bonnett scoop would only be rice if it did not have a purpose, if the bonnet scoop achieved you an extra 15-20 kw, would you say it was not worth it?

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If I got 15 to 20kw by having a scoop and CAI then I'd take an angle grinder to the car tomorrow. Maybe the flat in-bonnet ones like on the Peugeot 206.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, that wouldn't be too bad either, as long as its increasing your performance.

I was just trying to say that if you modified your car and it gives you a performance increase, it would not be considered as rice.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree, but only if it keeps the purety of the initial design. I'm not sure how the SP23 would look with a bonnet scoop, perhaps theres another way thats less intrusive...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think a scoop would look on a sp23 either...

I am really curious to the design of the japanese CAI... I am wondering how they made room in that tightly packed engine bay..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts