Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already?

Of course this was bound to happen. Mazda is appearently going to release the MazdaSpeed version of the MZ3 in 2004. Those guys are on the money with this one. They have a car out for 3 weeks or so that gets tons of awards, and they're ready to milk it.

The salesguy told me about this at the dealership. Unfortunately, that's about all he knew. Does anyone have any idea what's going to be on the MazdaSpeed MZ3? Can we expect over 200 HP? :shock:

Might be worth waiting for!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is this pure sepculation? Remember that dealers know less about the car than you do. I don't see a Mz3 Speed coming until 05. I'd settle for a normal 3 anyways. Spend the money on something better, like a house.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
yeah... don't believe half of what you hear from a salesman's mouth... I once had a Honda salesman tell my brother who was test driving the Pilot that the Pilot sits on a truck frame which greatly improves the truck's handling. Honda Pilots are based on a Unibody frame which are normally used for smaller cute-utes such as the Rav4 and Honda CR-V...

It seems that Mazdaspeed versions of Mazda cars usually don't surface until the end of that particular generation's lifespan. Case in point, the Mazdaspeed Protege showed up in the Protege's last year of production, the Mazdaspeed Miata is coming right before Mazda is speculated to show off the next generation Miata (at Detriot). Honda has done similar things with their Si models.

Hopefully, is Mazda is smart they'll introduce a Mazdaspeed 3 around the second or third year (2006, 2007). I believe that we'll see a Mazdaspeed version of the 6 before we see one of the 3 tho.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I don't think there has been any official word on the MazdaSpeed3. Everyone is hoping they come out with one, but I have yet to hear of it. The Miata is the next in line for the MS treatement. The MazdaSpeed RX-8 concept is showing at one of the upcoming auto shows.

·
Registered
984 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
moving this to MazdaSpeed
I think the wrong thread got moved. The "Receivership" thread was moved to MazdaSpeed.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm

True, true. Oh well, I'll tell the guy he's a lying SOB, or firstly to give me some information on it on paper.

darian, good point. House...a place to live doesn't sound bad! Haha.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
When I wrote my review on the Mazda 3's interior, I was literally showing the DEALER around the car. LOL

Me: "Check this out! This is the LED function that comes with the car."
Car: "Hello!"
Dealer: "Whoa, that's pretty cool."

LOL

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think it would be folly to introduce a Mazdaspeed 3 right now. It definately wouldn't be milking.

See, a lot of the people who want a Mazdaspeed 3 will just get a Mazda 3 to hold them off. When the Mazdaspeed 3 comes out, the people who wanted one in the first place will trade in their 3 and get the Mazdaspeed. Then Mazda can sell a whole bunch of used Mazda 3s and further increase profits. That would be milking, and was apparently done properly with the P5.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
like the look of the headlight units ... bet that could be done with some spraypaint and tape and for the foglight section too.

too bad those 20" rims would probably never fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazdaspeed 3 in Rally

Apparently before the 3 was even in production they had a prototype Mazdaspeed 3 made for rally. It was in a local magazine but my dogs went through my mags and my gf got rid of the remains. Obviously it had a much wider body but the photo I saw wasn't actually rally ready. I'll try my very best to see if I can get a hold of the photo again

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
schulkw said:
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
schulkw said:
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
moving this to MazdaSpeed
I think the wrong thread got moved. The "Receivership" thread was moved to MazdaSpeed.
shhhh... never happened.
Do I get a cookie for finding your mistake??? lol
maybe you should get 1 cookie (plus all your stars) instead of those little funky shapes under your avatar ;) hehehehe

The MZ3 will probably not be out for atleast model year 2005 or 2006. I believe that if people catch on and the sales for the MZ3 run really really well, we can expect to see one in 2005.

Besides, all they do is make a race-tuned version of our car :) Turbo, suspension, limited slip, body kit, etc.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts