Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does each have over the other? no detail is too small
MZ6 will probably be with sport package.
Price difference is about 2000 without leather in the MZ3.

I still need to see a MZ3 in person with GFX kit...that will probably change my mind

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Well you get a fully-optionned smaller car or a larger car with less features.

Both are fun to drive.

I would take the 3 in a heartbeat.

Rust issues with the 6
I don't need a larger car
I want the features

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't call the new 6 coming out as a "HATCH". Its either a 5 door sedan or a goddamn stationwagon! Didn't hatch always imply a smaller car? Like a tiny civic or vw rabbit? lol... Its the 6 stationwagon. I love the 6 as a car but not too fond of the wagon version (if you can't tell).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry D, but Mazda says the three versions are sedan, hatch and wagon (see the second link I provided, above). To my knowledge the strict meaning of hatchback doesn't have anything to do with the size of the vehicle, just the configuration of that 3rd or 5th door/hatch.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah. hatch means how the rear door opens. see how it kinda "hatches" like an egg?

Well I REALLY like the overall look of the 6 better they are damn expensive though..but I gotta see a MZ3 with GFX in person. in the showroom. I only saw a few semi covered in snow in a parking lot where they store some away from teh dealership

btw Dinu were you always a moderator? :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree, the 6 HB is a great looking package. At one point I was also comparing the base Mz6 and loaded Mz3. I drove the Mz6 GS Sedan, Mz3 Sport GT, Mz3 GT Sedan w/ GFX and Mz3 GT Sedan w/ GFX & Leather, in that order. I was sold on the 6 until I drove the 3 Sedan.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah as much as I like the overall 6HB. Its just doesn't make sense financially. a GT MZ3 with GFX is done. if I got a base GS MZ6 I would need to do more to it. Its just too stock..then that all leads to spending more $$$.

I'm just waiting for next year and maybe they will have winning blue for the sedan and smooth out any potential problems?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Waiting a year would be nice because, as you mentioned, that gives time for bugs to be sorted out. There'll also be more room to negotiate on prices. I need a vehicle by April, though, and the 3 is going to be it. I'm very impressed with this car, and the timing is just right.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you guys see the updated Mazda6 section on mazda.ca?

you can get a MZ6 sport (hatch) GS-I4 with sport/GFX

Thats everything a MZ6 GT has besides premium audio + moonroof, leather, and like side/curtain airbags, and some other luxury stuff that isn't available on the MZ3 so it isn't an issue.

but then it would have pretty much everything the MZ3 has, but with the sexy hatch body, huge ass trunk space and better looks IMO and handling? And other perks but I don't wanna get into it. thats what the edmund forum is for

Check out prices on mazda.ca they aren't final release prices but.
Hmmmmmm

I like the build quality of MZ3 better cuz of Japan production...but I could have the MZ6 for a long time. instead of havin a MZ3 and wishin I had a bigger car in the future...Again I guess it comes down to money. Cuz there's lots of points for either car. It all depends if I post this in MZ6 or the MZ3 forum the bias will swing either way. lol

some numbers from mazda.ca (both MTX)

GS-I4 MZ6 sport with sport/GFX package = 26700
GT-I4 MZ3 sedan everything even leather = 23340

It ends up being like 3460 more than a fully loaded MZ3 (with leather).
I personally dont want leather. so add 900 to the difference.

They are similiarly equipped.

This isn't considering any incentives rebates and haggling leway etc..

I am biased cuz I am obsessed with the MZ6 sport and have been waiting for it for years. I also find the MZ3 dimensions not as sporty. because it is a smaller car therefore shorter and taller. the MZ6 looks really wide and shorter in comparison. Know what i mean?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts