Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013-19 front caliper slide bolts different than those after 2019? I ordered front sets (2) from Ebay. Looks like they are made in UK. Possibly MazdaSpeed?

Stock glider bolts colide with rotor before I can set torque. Arrgh!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not much help for you situation but a word of advise. Ebays application guide for auto parts is known in the industry as the worst . They seldom update and NEVER correct misapplications. In the future I suggest to find your part numbers from the manufacture of the product and not to use ebay app guide.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2013-19 front caliper slide bolts different than those after 2019? I ordered front sets (2) from Ebay. Looks like they are made in UK. Possibly MazdaSpeed?

Stock glider bolts colide with rotor before I can set torque. Arrgh!
A couple sites I use when there is confusion:
rockauto.com
showmetheparts.com

There appears to be difference in Mexico built cars versus not Mexico built. Also, for the couple minutes looking I did, it seemed that most of the parts don't span 2013-19.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Both of those use a purchased program for parts look up. RockAuto is known in the industry as one of the worst to trust their parts application numbering guide. The best way to insure the most effective way to reduce part acquisition error is using OEM part number to at least convert them to the aftermarket parts. But then there are still many errors. These parts look up programs are done by human unput without any real follow up for accuracy.

Yes there are difference in some parts between where a same model MAZDA is manufactured in *Mexico or Japan. Also having the information of the production date as well the last 7 of the VIN can reduce the chances of getting wrong parts.

This is not only MAZDA but a few other auto manufactures like Chrysler as one example having the same model vehicles manufactured in US and MEXICO and thus having some parts that are different depending on which country of manufacture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts